• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

Another Disappointing Rr Session...

macaroni

After fitted my 280Catcam/4 branch manifold and spending a few weeks messing about with the jets in my 38DGAS carb on my 205xs, I thought I had better get it set up properly on a rolling road. I eventually decided to go to Classic Cars of Kent, in the middle of nowhere. Cool place with loads of British historic racing cars in various states of fettle. Anyway, he claims that he can't improve the fuelling on my car and it read 65bhp at the wheels. Now, either he couldn't be bothered or I am a genius at setting up Weber carbs or I am just lucky. Either way, I don't believe the 65bhp at the wheels as last time it was measured, it gave 86bhp at the wheels, albeit on a different RR. One of them is lying and the car feels much stronger since the cam/'zorst was fitted.

He did only charge me for a power run as he did no actual work.

It goes very well and I am happy with the set up, but I did hope that an expert could fine tune it a bit over my cack handed attempts.

I will just have to hope for a good Kent rolling road day, later in the year, for another reading.

DaveW

hmm you can never take rr figures into acount i mean 65hp at the wheels! surely a standard xs is that!!

Sign in to follow this