• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
markic

4 Branch. Is It Worth It?

markic

Hi all. I'm New to this board but have had my 1986, non sunroof 1.6, for the last 6 years now and adore it. It's great to have so many people who feel the same. Anyway, I recently got hold of a magnex 4 branch but haven't got round to fitting it yet. However, I read on Puma's website (I think), that Peugeot had got the exhaust manifold pretty much sorted from the factory. The mods I already have are, a magnex full system and a K&N air filter. And was wondering, is it worth it considering the starndard state of tune, of my engine?

Has anyone out there got a similar set up? I'd appreciate any advice.

Cheers, Mark.

Edited by markic

SamGTi

AFAIK the Magnex system only produces power gains when mated to the Magnex manifold (learned that off this site!) so yeah it is worth puttig on IMO.

Jonmurgie

Whether the Magnex system gives more power or not is a little debatable, though it certainly doesn't reduce power and to be fair the manifold is very nice and IMO worth having :)

smckeown

the other benefit of a new 4 branch is it's not going to crack on you any time soon compared to the ~15 year old OE ones.

look out for a 2nd hand one, i'll have an Iresa one for sale end of april prob at a nice price.

tomo205

good to see more of us from manchester

hengti

not sure what kind of difference you'll see on a 1.6 (anyone advise?), but the Magnex manifold makes quite a noticeable difference to the 1.9 8v engine - picks up quite a bit more torque and a little power

not particularly difficult to fit

deffo stick it on to see what you think

there are barely any simple bits that you can just bolt on and see improvements from - the m'nex manifold's about the only one in my 'umble opinion

as with any mod, best gains will be seen after it's been rollingroaded

saveloy

Exhaust selection seems to be more critical on the 1.6. Many moons ago I had a full Ansa system and 4 branch manifold. The difference was incredible.

On a 1.9 it is worth only a handful of bhp at the top end. On the 1.6 it is good for 10 - 13bhp.

dodsworth_gti

and if you dont want it,i will happily take it of your hands,defo worth fitting though!!!

madmoog

YES!

I had one on my 1.6 and it made a significant differance, although a little of that could have been to do with the noise.

It seemed to rev much more freely, pull harder all the way increasing from the mid range. It was dyno'd shortly after ( the only other mod being a direct replacementb K&N) and made 119bhp and 110ft/lb. I know that dyno's can't be relied upon at all but it was very noticable and nippy, suprising some friends with 1.9's

christopher

I have one for sale :) Comes with a free miami 205 http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=54520&hl= :P

I have one on both a 1.6 and a 1.9. They both rev'd a lot better better after fitting and felt much smoother. The 1,6 always felt neraly as fast as the 1.9. If I were you I would go for it...especially since you put up with the noise already

With the 1,6 we didn't bother fitting an uprated engine mount and it is still ok :D Then you don't rattle to pieces

markic

Well that's it then, on it goes. Cheers everyone. ;)

Sign in to follow this