• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeyde

Fuse Box Ac Plug

mikeyde

Well i got round to changing my fuse box last night and have been left with an empty socket labeled "AC" which i assume means alternating current but i cant really find anything that plugs into it!

Its a two pronged plug by the looks of the socket but i have been left with this...

Image204.jpg

and also a blue one.

are these what need to be plugged into the AC plug?

Redtop

Could stand for air con?? Could be a common loom and left as a blank as some of the limited editions came with it [1fm]? Would explain no where to plug it into.

Ryan

AFAIK the relay and fuse for the aircon are in the engine bay.

Could it stand for 'Accessory' - a circuit that is live when the ignition key is turned to the first click?

Where does it say AC exactly? On the fusebox itself, on the plug, or on the wires going into the plug?

mikeyde

it says it on the actual fuse box, its the only socket on the fuse box that has writting. all the others have coloured dots to signify which plug goes in.

Ryan

Which socket is it thats free in this digram?

biztositek15gr.png

Super Josh

Is it this connector?

StereoLive.jpg

It is marked 'AC' and '+', and is the supply to the stereo and dictates whether the stereo power is permanently live ( the '+' position ) or comes on with the ignition key in the accessory position ( the 'AC' position ).

So you plug the single connector flying lead on the loom( blue I think ) into which ever position is suitable for your application.

HTH,

Josh

mikeyde

yehp its socket "U"!

cheers guys ill get that plugged in!

:)

Sign in to follow this