• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben205

Gearboxes

Guest ben205

Ive just bought an AX GTi engine (TU3F) which i intend on putting in my 205. Im now looking for a gearbox.

Does anyone know which gearboxes will fit? AX GTi's are rare enough, so i was wondering if the AX GT/205 XS (TU3S) gearbox would fit?

thanks in advance ;)

peter

When i put my citroen zx 1.4 engine into my 205 the box fitted perfectly iirc all tu boxes wil fit on a tu engine.

bren_1.3

i second that motion sir. all MA type 205 boxes will fit TU engines.

Guest smokinslim

If you are replacing your clutch cable and your car is pre 07/89 you may well have a job to get a cable from peugeot. They only make the post 07/89 ones now, i was sold the wrong one and they didn't bother telling me. Had to source my own in the end

A18_RYU

ben, what engine is in your 205 at the moment? maybe you could use that gearbox to save u having to source one....?

Guest ben205
ben, what engine is in your 205 at the moment? maybe you could use that gearbox to save u having to source one....?

See thats the catch..... its a 954cc TU with a 4 speed gear box :) i need an XS gearbox me thinks

Thanks Guys

timmsy19
See thats the catch..... its a 954cc TU with a 4 speed gear box :) i need an XS gearbox me thinks

Thanks Guys

if you find two let me me know ive been after 1 for months now because ive also only got a 954cc with 4speed box

Edited by timmsy19

A18_RYU

how much u guys willing to spend?

timmsy19
how much u guys willing to spend?

ryan i just seen your add for the xs with the 1.6 16v engine and was wondering if you had the tu3s engine and box. how much u wanting. have u got 2?

Guest ben205
ryan i just seen your add for the xs with the 1.6 16v engine and was wondering if you had the tu3s engine and box. how much u wanting. have u got 2?

Straight in there timmsy! theres an AX GT gearbox on ebay for a TENNER!buy it now. Its all yours if you want it,as i cant afford to go travel an pick it up this week.

Im in no hurry for a Gearbox, ive just bought an AXGTi engine without a box,to put into my XE. And im just looking into what will fit.

Am i right in saying the AX GT/ XS box is the low ratio one? is there anyother cit/pug boxes that are as sporty?

timmsy19

i so would buy it but i cant affford to travel either as ive got mot and tax to pay this week. plus what ever needs doing for mot.

in answer to the low ratio box yes it is. im not sure if there are any other low ratio bowes maybe the 1.6gti box but its diffrent fitment

A18_RYU

timmsy, i have still got it, and the gearbox, only the one tho....

this one has only done 55K odd miles on the box, but am possibly considering keeping it. as i may be rebuilding the engine as the head went on it.....and the valve stems need doing...

the engine and gearbox has not been dry stored cos i didnt think that i would be selling, so if u want make me an offer, its still on the engine in my front garden......

timmsy19

so u just gettin rid of the box?

A18_RYU

if i get offered a half decent amount....i kno it isnt worth a lot...o and is a clutch needed? cos this one has got a brand new clutch in it, hasnt even done 10miles!

timmsy19

tbh im reallt not sure cos i was told just engine and box. if ben needs it he can have first refusal cos ive still got to find running engine yet.

A18_RYU

either way guys, offer me a price, if i find it appealling i may sell the 'box.........

Guest ben205
either way guys, offer me a price, if i find it appealling i may sell the 'box.........

would do mate, but you live so far away!

Sign in to follow this