• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
huxley309

Diagrams

huxley309

Anyone have any diagrams for the cooling setup for putting an mi into a 205/309?

I know pretty much what goes where but if i come unstuck it's good to know i have something to fall back on thanks ;)

pacey205

Not sure on the PAS but this is how my cooling system is setup (keeping the Mi oil/water heat exchanger).

16coolant205rad.gif

Thats using the BX bottom hose for the oil/water exchange rather than the T-top hose.

HTH

Michael

pug_ham

See attached for another cooling into a 205 if you are still going to use the block mounted oil /water heat exchanger.

Graham.

post-71-1143402126_thumb.jpg

huxley309

I think both diagrams are close...mine was slightly different...more of a mix of the two well at least im headed in the right direction

Im sure on the oil cooler both pipes came from the rad/therostat housing pipe like the 8v

Now all i need is the pas diagram hmm....

pug_ham
Im sure on the oil cooler both pipes came from the rad/therostat housing pipe like the 8v
On the 309 GTi thats how they are plumbed in (I'm sure Anthony & I mentioned this to you earlier this week? )but not the 205 so you can use that & just blank off the one pipe on the thermostat housing like in the diagram I posted.

Graham.

huxley309

Aah now that does ring a bell!!

Yes on my old mi conversion the side pipe on the thermo housing was blanked off coolio ;)

now wheres that pas hmm

Banjo

When I did my mi conversion I got rid of the heat exchanger the throttle body circuit and the pipe above the exhaust mani, is so much easier working on an engine without so many pipes, and it looks better.

Also if you find an xs or simular in the scrappy get the big pipe that goes from the water diss on the back of the block to the bottom of the rad, its a single pipe so does away with the 'always corroded' metal pipe too ;)

Ben

Edited by Banjo

huxley309

Yeah but im running throttlebodies so wont be needing it anyway

anyone have a diagram for a 205mi pas setup?

huxley309

aah cheers for that i knew there was only 2 pipes not exactly what i was hoping for but it helps

now if only it stays dry tomorrow hmm

Sign in to follow this