• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrblonde

Coolant & Breather Hoses Layout

mrblonde

hi ya,has someone got a picture,diagramn of the coolant/breather hose layout please?....done search but cant find jak.

cheers

pug_ham

What did you search for? There is a picture of the coolant hoses in this topic from less than a week ago.

A picture of the breather system here

Graham.

mrblonde

I put in.coolant hoses diagramn and the same with breather hoses.its doesnt tell you which hose is what tho??....also thanks tho

Edited by mrblonde

pug_ham
its doesnt tell you which hose is what tho??
How do you mean?

Are you after the part numbers or just the layout of the system?

Graham.

mrblonde

both really mate.would like to replace the whole system,but prob cant afford to do it all at once.so bit buy bit.

Ryan

That won't be cheap!

The single hose from the bottom of the oil filler is £32 alone...

pug_ham

Parts CD

You should be able to find all the numbers on there but a simple phone call or visit to a Peugeot garage will get you all the numbers & prices. Breathers are under engine equipment, oil vapour & gas piping. Some under just XU & main filler to block is under injection XU.

Phone call might be best so you can sit down in preparation for the cost.

Graham.

mrblonde

wicked thanks for the help

Guest kinker_rocks

Just cleaned out my breather system and replaced filler as the gauze was corroded and hose from filler to sump. What a difference to the car. Have re-set the idle and it is so much better now!

My filler hose was split and had collapsed the rest of the hoses apperead to be in ok condition so re-used them after a spry of carb-cleaner (as recomended). Wish I had done this sooner, what a difference!

The hoses are nae cheap Auto five do a complete set and it is over £100. Filler was £12 and the big hose was £40ish.

Edited by kinker_rocks

mrblonde

yeah i know they are expensive what a joke ay!!..

jr4070
:ph34r: The diagram that was shown in this link is the only one that I also can find, however my 91, j plate 1.6 has power steering and a different layout of hoses. One burst on me today, (Header tank to bottom of block) and I'M having trouble sourcing a replacement on the web as the header tank is completely different. I will have to bite the bullet tomorrow and visit Pug dealer ££££££. Poo. :D

pug_ham

If your car has the black expansion tank I think you'll need;

1351 62 RIGHT HAND DRIVE WITH ABS BRAKES.

The black expansion tank is the same as the one used on the XUD7T engine & that hose is listed under both cars but the picture doesn't show the black tank for the GTi. These hoses are Peuegot items only afaik.

Graham.

Revla
:) The diagram that was shown in this link is the only one that I also can find, however my 91, j plate 1.6 has power steering and a different layout of hoses. One burst on me today, (Header tank to bottom of block) and I'M having trouble sourcing a replacement on the web as the header tank is completely different. I will have to bite the bullet tomorrow and visit Pug dealer ££££££. Poo. :D

Defo under diesel (header tank) as per Grahams pn# - it took me ages to find this previously on the CD!

Edited by Revla

pug_ham

Personally I doubt there is any difference between the two.

I'll check over the weekend as I have both expansion tanks & a hose on the earlier one. They are fitted in the same place so the hose can't be that much different imo.

Graham.

jr4070
Personally I doubt there is any difference between the two.

I'll check over the weekend as I have both expansion tanks & a hose on the earlier one. They are fitted in the same place so the hose can't be that much different imo.

Graham.

Cheers guys.. I went to the pug dealer and we had a "talk" about it, yes it appears that the black header tank is the same as the desiel, but they would'nt believe that it was fitted to a GTI. I took in the old one to compare to the one that was ordered for me and bingo..its the same. so £32 lighter for a single hose the job of rebuild is now upon me. Oh yes the expansion tank cap, you can't get the metal ones any more from the dealer, it comes as a fancy black plastic item as fitted to the new Pugs on the street. (Mine had corroded and fallen apart.)

Cheers for the help.

Sign in to follow this