• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mattyj

306 S16 Catylic Converter

Guest mattyj

Hi

I was just wondering if the 306 Gti6 catylitic convertor is the same as the 306 s16 catylitic convertor? i.e Could i use the gti6 one on the s16 without any modification?

thanks

Matt

dave_b80
Hi

I was just wondering if the 306 Gti6 catylitic convertor is the same as the 306 s16 catylitic convertor? i.e Could i use the gti6 one on the s16 without any modification?

thanks

Matt

i dont think they are the same, a while ago i was looking at an exhaust system on ebay off a gti6 as it had a decat section in it, and am pretty much sure that i was told that it wudnt fit to my s16 due to the cat down pipe being different........

mrswampy

no it wont fit.

the manifolds are all different lenghtd and angles.

means that allthough from the rear of the cat back wards the system is the same forward of that point (flange at rear of cat) they are all different.

you need the cat to go with the specific car.

eddie_1.9

Dave's right, not sure which way round it is but i think the 6's is longer.

Edited by eddie_1.9

Guest mattyj

Thanks very much, i'll have to get the s16 one. If anyone has got an s16 cat lying around let me know, need it for its MOT and its blowing like mad.

thanks

Matt

Sign in to follow this