• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JayCC

Fiat Punto

JayCC

I've asked on Punto Forums, but the answers i'm getting are "it needs more petrol" :) so i will ask here

My girlfriends car started to behave funny. It was cutting out when engine had warmed up, juddering after each gear change (misfiring) and generally poor running.

I have done a full service on the car. Plugs, leads, oil filter, oil, air filter and also changed the ignition coil packs for brand new OE one's.

The ECU was also reset.

The service made a massive difference to the running of the car and for the last 50 miles it has been like a brand new car. All of a sudden it has decided to start running like s*it again, however i am informed not as bad.

I've checked for all air leaks, cleaned throttle body with carb cleaner and everything seems OK.

The only other things i can thing of are 1. Lambda Sensor 2.ECU 3. Temp sensors

Is there anything else it could be? I'm sort of swaying towards an ECU, or electical sensor problem.

Car details

1995 Fiat Punto S 55 1.1 (81k miles) It's had a new HG about 10k miles ago.

cheers

Edited by JayCC

Richie-Van-GTi

how did the plugs look that came out the car? Sounds air fuel related and could be when autochoke is off its over fueled which for me would point to lambda or ICV.

Guest smokinslim

Fuel filter wasn't in your list of parts replaced when you serviced the car. If you haven't already replaced it then it would be worth doin.

Adam B

Why would it be the lambda or temp sensors when you've had the car serviced and its run fine again?

you've not changed anything with those. You've therefore got to look at what you had changed.

Sounds like the ECU doesn't know the engine has warmed up and is still over fuelling.

I'd go and find another ecu to try.. must be a fair number in scrappies.

Have you asked fiat? (silly question maybe... but might be a known fault)

ablister

ecu temp sensor, don't think it'll be the lambda probe as your symptoms would happen when the engine is cold rather than hot. After all, it's a punto and just be glad it's lasted this long :ph34r

Sign in to follow this