• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rippthrough

Head Gaskets

Rippthrough

As in the title really - I remember someone saying that the XS ones are thinner than the normal TU3 ones?

Are they all the same or are some different thicknesses - as I'm using an XS head, if the XS gasket is thinner I'll get that one to save skimming so much off.

Fast replies appreciated!

EDIT: - While I'm here, anyone used rotherham rebore for a cylinder head skim? Just wanting to make sure they're OK. Been around a few years, but the oldest techniques aren't always the best.

Edited by Rippthrough

Guest smokinslim

Not sure about the XS, i'd say the Rallye one is if any, but pretty sure your right in thinking there are different ones. A grp A or N one is probably your best bet. Came across this the other day on the Special Tuning (pug sport) website: Gp N Cylinder Head Gasket (1300cc) 205 & 106

Rippthrough

Even more while I'm here, slightly relevent to HG question:-

Is the intake short side radius on TU engine normally pretty well done? This one looks like someone tidied up just a few flash marks, but the radius is also perfectly smooth (ie - no ridges. I don't mean the texture)

Rippthrough

Meh, sorted the porting anyway.

No idea's on the headgaskets anyone? I'm sure someone mentioned different sizes once.

bren_1.3

im sure there are different thickness headgaskets for heads that have warped and have been skimmed, and theyre probably in the peugeot online parts catalogue. im not sure if your referring to something else though?!

Rippthrough
im sure there are different thickness headgaskets for heads that have warped and have been skimmed, and theyre probably in the peugeot online parts catalogue. im not sure if your referring to something else though?!

Just wondered if there were any that were thinner than the standard Tu3, rather than the thicker repair gaskets.

Save me taking so much off the head.

Sign in to follow this