• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael MRK

1.9 Gti O2 Sensor

Guest Michael MRK

Hi,

as some guys know, i'm converting my 205 GR to a fully 205 1.9 GTi, I finally got my stuff from Germany and started to work on car, i noticed something, that there is no o2 sensor in my 1.9 gti engine, the engine came complete with its alternator, gearbox, intake and exhaust manifold, wiring looms and ECU, so i noticed that there is no o2 sensor in the exhaust manifold and there is no place for it even in the exhaust manifold, and that the Oil Cooler is Water Oil Cooler, not Air Oil Cooler..

so is that normal that, that kind of 1.9 gti engine come without o2 sensor, or it is missed somehwere ??!!!

I'll post pictures for before, WIP and after when my car is done :)

Edited by Michael MRK

rich_w

I don't know about car's in Egypt but in the UK we have 2 spec's of 1.9 Engines - one running Jetronic and the other Motronic.

Jetronic does not have an o2 sensor. The Motronic does. Phase 1 cars have the Jetronic and phase 2 can have either.

Early Phase 1 engines came with a Air Oil Cooler, later Water Oil Cooler (its really a heat exchanger - helps get the oil upto temp quicker).

Does this make sense?

Guest Michael MRK

yup alot, thanks mate :)

as i said above, i got that engine and all its stuff imported from Germany, and as far i as know, its a 130 BHP engine, not that 122 one, and that it came from a late model, 1989+ (phase 2) from the company that imported it to me..!!

rich_w

What you got sound's right - the 130BHP engine was the non cat engine :)

The GTI engine's are known not to have a prefect idle - do a search and it will throw up all the info you need to sort it out and less hassle to take the bits off and clean up when the engine is out ;)

Sign in to follow this