• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tidy_Andy

Turbo Boys?

Tidy_Andy

have a car sat outside on the drive + a mega squirt II v3.1 under the bed. i fancy something quick but with sound deadening an carpets for the summer :D

the engine needs putting in a new block after my housemate put a head bolt through the water pump housing so im seriously thinking the idea of dropping on a turbo at the same time.

I can get the pistons machined to the same spec as TT ones at work no trouble an hopefully these re designed TT manifolds will be available soon which leaves a turbo an intercooler to think about.

Have seen a garrett GT1752 turbo from a saab 16v for sale. its got A/R 53 on compressor and 47? on the turbine. is this suitable? im not after mega horspower an this one is cheap!!

have also found T25 service kits on ebay so should be able to get it sorted out like new before it goes on for £75 if its ok ;)

Edited by Tidy_Andy

mak

be v carefull about servicing the turbo yourself if you get a kit from ebay, turbos are accuratly balanced upto 200,000rpm and as soon as you strip it it should be balanced again :D

TEKNOPUG

From what I understand, you should be able to leave the compression as standard if you use proper mappable engine management.

tom_m
From what I understand, you should be able to leave the compression as standard if you use proper mappable engine management.

and run minimal boost

les3002

theres a guy on migweb that sells turbos from brazil dirt cheap, had good feedback from everyone whos used him, he does brand new turbos for around £250 most are garratt aswell.

guy i know got a t34 brand new for just under 300 delivered from him.

maybe worth an email see what he can do, just ask for one that has t2/25 flange fitments and is good for what ever power level your after.

website www.mvaux.com

TEKNOPUG

That's crazy - how can he sell them so cheap??

Tempted to get a GT28R for that price!

tom_m

do it do it do it :P

Tidy_Andy

would definatly get it ballanced after i re built it. something spinning that quick relly does need it!!! just gonna do it myself to save labour charges as i want it to be a low cost project!! think i have a contact through work who might be able to do it on the quiet!!

Would definatly get the pistons machined to reduce compression, they have to come out to be transfered into the new block anyway an i have one of the best F1 machine shops available to me at work for free :ph34r:

Wanted to go down the reconditioned second hand turbo route to keep costs down (my track day mi 16 has been built with pretty much an open cheque book :P ) but for that money a GT28 is very tempting for more power!!!!

les3002

yep he is dead cheap, you would have to speak to him about gt series turbos though not sure if he does them.

for my cav turbo, a t34, seperate wastegate, custom exhaust manifold, dump valve, fuel pressure regulator, forged pistons, plus a few other bits and bobs costs just over £800 and gives around 350 bhp.

Tidy_Andy

found this on ebay, have mates about to come home from auz in two weeks so could be a nice bargain if its suitable!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-GT28-Turbo...1QQcmdZViewItem

Anybody???????? as i said before i dont want silly power out of the thing and as little lag as pos. would i be better off just getting a T25 like the origonal TT???

sorry for all these questions, im a bit wet behind the ears when it comes to turbos. my only experence with forced induction is superchargers :angry:

Edited by Tidy_Andy

TEKNOPUG

the T25 is capable of producing in excess of 200bhp. Of course a bigger, more advanced turbo would be beneficial but they aren't a necessity to make a very quick 205.

huckleberry

Isn't there a difference between a ball bearing T28 and a gt28r? I know there are multiple kinds of t25s and t28s. That's why it isn't that easy sorting out a used T25 on Ebay. There are two new ones for low prices at the moment, both different spec. I'd like me a GT25R but they are about 750 american dollars now.

DrSeuss

I spoke to Pieter Oonicx about that mvaux place. He thought it seemed very cheap but really didn't rate the brazillian turbo's used.

You get what you pay for, sadly.

les3002

t28 would be better than a t25 as it doesnt run out of breath at the top end.

aparently the gt series arnt as strong as the normal t series and the quicker spool up is hardly noticable.

mvaux use mostly garratt turbos, nothing wrong with them.

huckleberry
t28 would be better than a t25 as it doesnt run out of breath at the top end.

aparently the gt series arnt as strong as the normal t series and the quicker spool up is hardly noticable.

mvaux use mostly garratt turbos, nothing wrong with them.

How come the GT series aren't as strong? Speak up! :angry:

A T28 wouldn't run out of breath at the top end but also would kick in later. I guess it is all about what you want your engine to be like. I personally would rather have one kicking in early and have lots at the middle rev range than have more power but having it later on. But that's personal taste.

Tidy_Andy

anyone know the spec of the T25 that TT used on the origonal? 200bhp is more than enough for what im after. will be using it on low boost most of the time i should imagine

les3002

gt series have thinner shafts, spool up depends on the a/r of the exhaust housing as there are many different t28's

Guest andy309goodwood

just for info i have emailed the mvax place asking if they car supply t28's or gt28r's if so what price

ill post up when i get a reply

cheers andy

Tidy_Andy

did the same yesterday, hes gonna wonder whats going on!!!

pdd144c
anyone know the spec of the T25 that TT used on the origonal? 200bhp is more than enough for what im after. will be using it on low boost most of the time i should imagine

Owen Developements supplied my turbo for a good price. Like TEKNOPUG said, standard pistons and decent mappable system will make good power. Dave Walker from Emerald has mapped a few of these now and seen better results than most of the low comp engines have.

les3002

the standard car isnt that high anyway is it, about 9:1, think my cavs the same as that.

M3Evo

I've gone up to about 7.5psi on my 9.7:1CR engine which hasn't really been mapped properly and it doesn't seem to be a problem so I'd have thought that you need to take anything away from 9:1 :rolleyes:

Also, I know a guy with an 8.8:1 who's running just over 20psi ^_^

Edited by M3Evo

TEKNOPUG
did the same yesterday, hes gonna wonder whats going on!!!

They don't stock Garret GT28RS :rolleyes:

Guest andy309goodwood

or t28's

that sucks

back to the good old u.s then

huckleberry

My question if they sell the T25:

"Hello Tim,

I have the T25 yes. This turbo costs £395, are included internal wastegate.

The price don´t includes postage(£45) and bank fee(£10).

Cheers"

396 pounds is about 600 euro's which is how much a GT25R or GT28R about costs. Too bad they aren't that cheap.

Sign in to follow this