• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Az_GTi

Locking Wheel Nut "chrome" Covers

Guest Az_GTi

Dammit I've only got 1 left now :(

Is there any way of stopping them falling off? Where can I get some replacement ones, anyone here got some spare? Think I'm gonna have to resort to some glue :excl::P

Guest smokinslim

The ones i had on my old car wouldn't come off even when you wanted them too! :)

Sanchez
Dammit I've only got 1 left now :(

Is there any way of stopping them falling off? Where can I get some replacement ones, anyone here got some spare? Think I'm gonna have to resort to some glue :blink::(

Got the same problem with mine. First time I took it through a jet was they all came off (along with the rear windscrene washer jet thingey!!) If you find out where to get replacem,ent ones let me know ;)

maturin23

That'll be me nicking them to replace mine! ;)

put a blob of grease inside and it should stay in place - works with mine

Guest smokinslim

Yeah thinkin bout it my old ones came with a small tube of grease.

Jonmurgie

Assuming you lot have standard wheels, why bother with locking wheel nuts? It's not as if there is a roaring trade in stolen pug wheels is there?!

Rippthrough
Assuming you lot have standard wheels, why bother with locking wheel nuts? It's not as if there is a roaring trade in stolen pug wheels is there?!

There is around here, couple of set of speedlines have gone missing in the past couple of years. Think they just do it for the fun tbh.

Guest Az_GTi

Yeh standard wheel Jon, you'd be suprised mate. Bloody chavs round here will nick anything, valuable or not :) B*stards

Dollop of grease makes sense, still need to try and find where to get some replacements from though... any ideas?

Guest Az_GTi

I'm still trying to find some :o , can't believe I can't find them anyway :( , they must be available :(

Guest smokinslim

Try the company that makes the locking nuts u have

Revla
Try the company that makes the locking nuts u have

Pug still made them a year or so ago - same as on some 306's I think....

Guest Az_GTi

Mine are Peugeot ones, have the box in the boot. Everytime I ring the local Peugeot I end up talking to a numb nut (excuse the pun) and I get nowhere.

I know it's such a small thing, just annoys me. Thought getting hold of em' would be like 50p each from somewhere (like tyre vlve caps).

Edited by Az_GTi

Revla
Mine are Peugeot ones, have the box in the boot. Everytime I ring the local Peugeot I end up talking to a numb nut (excuse the pun) and I get nowhere.

I know it's such a small thing, just annoys me. Thought getting hold of em' would be like 50p each from somewhere (like tyre vlve caps).

I think they are for pug only.....

Try Dean Hunter (Peugeot Parts) on 01977 677887, he may have a new set laying around.

Paintguy
There is around here, couple of set of speedlines have gone missing in the past couple of years. Think they just do it for the fun tbh.

Back in the day, when I had my last one (10 years ago :) ) it was a regular thing to have the spares stolen. Dead easy to do, and find 4 cars and you've got a set!

I remember having mine secured with a huge chain and padlock around the rear beam :(

Rippthrough
Back in the day, when I had my last one (10 years ago :rolleyes: ) it was a regular thing to have the spares stolen. Dead easy to do, and find 4 cars and you've got a set!

I remember having mine secured with a huge chain and padlock around the rear beam :blush:

A lot of MPV's get that around here, for some reason they are not as secure as they usually are on one of the models (dont ask me, not an MPV person), so they go walkabouts.

Sign in to follow this