• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonmurgie

Which Fuel Pump

Jonmurgie

I've come to the conclusino that my fuel pump may be on it's last legs, looking at the pumps that Glencoe (FSE) list as I can get thouse through Powerstation. Thing is, they seem to list 2 for the 1.9 GTI:

ITP016

Walbro ITP Fuel Pump

PEUGEOT 205 1.9i Gti (10/87>)

£73.32

ITP206

Walbro ITP Fuel Pump

PEUGEOT 205 GTI 1.9 (10/86>)

£84.60

How can I find out which one I need?

Jonmurgie

This is what I have (removed this morning)

fuelpump.jpg

And the Bosch part number on it is 0 580 3 10 015

Jonmurgie

Come on you lot help me out here, this is supposed to be 'THE' 205 forum B)

jackherer
ITP206

Walbro ITP Fuel Pump

PEUGEOT 205 GTI 1.9 (10/86>)

£84.60

AFAIK the 1.9 205 was released in 1987 so somethings wrong with that. Maybe its meant to say 1.6 or something?

I'd just go for the cheaper one, any 205 1.9 pump supplies enough fuel for quite a few BHP so you wont have any problems, even a 1.6 pump is OK for a tuned Mi16.

Jonmurgie

Ah, just been on the proper Glencoe website (which is aweful, might need to get in touch with them!) and it seems I have the earlier fuel pump... so the Motorsport Upgrade it is for me then!!

309PUG

In 'RedlineMotorsport' catalogue they list an uprated pump that replaces the OE unit and is marked as a motorsport upgrade,

ITP246 for 1.6/1.9 - £100

Does that help.

Chris

Jonmurgie

Yeah, that's the one I'll go for... the O/E bosch numbers match up with what that 'motorsport upgrade' replaces so seems the right one to go for B)

jochem

I think the difference is in the connector for 12+ and ground. The shape differs between the ph1 and ph2.

pug_ham
Come on you lot help me out here, this is supposed to be 'THE' 205 forum :)
The parts CD only lists on pump for all XU engines except the later XU5M.

01 1455 09 01 PETROL PUMP

I thought the pumps were held in the tank differently depending on year.

Some have a ring of bolts & some had one big locking ring that screws down onto the tank but I might be wrong about that & be thinking about the level sender.

Graham.

Jonmurgie

New pump arrived today:

fp_uprated.jpg

Should be fun to fit, doing it tomorrow ;)

Powers

Looking good. Are you planning on using a surge tank? Also do you know the output of the FSE pump?

Cheers mate.

Jonmurgie

Yes, I will be using a surge tank but not immedialtey (just no time to fit it). This is more as I think the standard pump is on it's last legs (sounds a bit funny and fuleing is a bit odd) so thought I'd replace/upgrade that one for the moment, then will get another external pump as my main one.

I think I ran through the setup before, using the in-tank pump to fill the surge tank, then a new external pump to take the fuel all the way to the fuel filter and beyond!

Sign in to follow this