• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest git

Can Wheel Spacers Be Fitted On Rear Disc Braked 205's (eom)

Anthony

Yes you can use spacers on both drum and disk braked 205's, although you'll need longer wheelbolts to do so safely.

tom_m

yup like ant says. I run 15mm rear spacers with 60mm wheelbolts.

kate205gti

i hope so! :o as long as they the right spacers and longer wheel bolts then its fine :)

Jonmurgie

Are you guys running spacers due to different offset wheels or for some other reason?

Edited by Jonmurgie

Guest Andy205GTX

Don't want to spam this thread, but I am in need of some longer wheel bolts, I need 10mm longer bolts than 1.6 bolts. Any one know where I can get some from?

tom_m
Are you guys running spacers due to different offset wheels or for some other reason?

because it looks cool! B) and because with the 21mm torsion bars, 23mm arb and 15mm extra track on my 205 rear beam I have a better spec that just slapping a 309 beam on it. (yes i know 15mm isn't quite as wide as a 309 beam is)

Edited by tom_m

kate205gti

to fit my MOs - have wanted them for sooo long but they ford fitment so need spacers to fit - dont care about the extra width and i run standard speedlines on track but i like the MOs on there for road use B)

pug_ham
Don't want to spam this thread, but I am in need of some longer wheel bolts, I need 10mm longer bolts than 1.6 bolts. Any one know where I can get some from?
YOu could always try Graystone engineering.

Thats who I used for the stud conversion group buys I did last year. Give them a call if they have what you need & they'll give you the name of a local supplier.

Graham.

Guest Andy205GTX

I'll give them a bell, cheers Graham

Rippthrough

I've always used them for bolts, superb quality.

Guest git

cheers guys

also...what are the lengths on the existing bolts? would be wildly irresponsible to run the spacers without the longer bolts?

and what do these bolts usually cost?

cheers for the info

reece

yup like ant says. I run 15mm rear spacers with 60mm wheelbolts.

and one further question to my post below - if using only 8mm spacers, wuld it be acceptable to not use longer bolts?

thanks again

reece

cheers guys

also...what are the lengths on the existing bolts? would be wildly irresponsible to run the spacers without the longer bolts?

cheers for the info

reece

tom_m
cheers guys

cheers for the info

reece

and one further question to my post below - if using only 8mm spacers, wuld it be acceptable to not use longer bolts?

thanks again

reece

existing bolts are 45mm long.

5mm is usually considered the max on stock bolts. 8mm would be pushing it a bit i reckon

Anthony
would be wildly irresponsible to run the spacers without the longer bolts?

if using only 8mm spacers, wuld it be acceptable to not use longer bolts?

You NEED longer bolts. No ifs, no buts. It might appear to work alright initially with 8mm spacers and stock bolts, but sooner or later you will rip the threads out of the hub and the results of that could be fatal.

C_W

8mm is a large chunk of the thread so standard wheel bolts won't be long enough definitely.

I occassionally use 3mm spacers for caliper clearance but this is the maximium I'd use with standard bolts. At my last trackday when I fitted them there was a washer (from a wheelbolt) stuck in a bolt hole in the whee that had come off a bolt so when I put another bolt with washer in it effecitvely had 2 washers on it and when tightening it stripped the thread.

Guest git

ok guys, i appreciate the help. i'm touched that you are loking after my wellbeing!! ;-)

in my search for longer wheels nuts, what exactly am i looking for? is there a specific length/thread style/brand that i should be searching for?

thanks for your ongoing input in this never-ending thread.

reece

8mm is a large chunk of the thread so standard wheel bolts won't be long enough definitely.

I occassionally use 3mm spacers for caliper clearance but this is the maximium I'd use with standard bolts. At my last trackday when I fitted them there was a washer (from a wheelbolt) stuck in a bolt hole in the whee that had come off a bolt so when I put another bolt with washer in it effecitvely had 2 washers on it and when tightening it stripped the thread.

Anthony

12 x 1.25 I think is the thread for Peugeot wheelbolts.

Graham posted a link further up the page of a company that sells wheelbolts and wheelstuds - Graystone Engineering

If you've got to buy new wheelbolts anyway, I'd be tempted to spend the small amount extra and get studs and nuts instead which makes changing wheels a doddle you can do with your eyes shut :)

petert

Citroen BX16V (and possibly other BX's). They're 12mm longer.

C_W

That's interesting to know; so the threaded length is 12mm longer?

Sign in to follow this