• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Eryl1.9Gti

Plastic Trim

Eryl1.9Gti

How do i get the plastic trim (on the arches and doors) off the car.

Tyre has been rubbin on it and i wanna take it off.

Jonmurgie

You need to remove the red strips first. On the door and rear arch the strip will lift up and slide off one end (pulling it in line with the car). Then on the door trim you will see the clips the red trim attaches to, slide those off the little lugs, then carefully push the trim downwards and it will come off.

For the rear arch, once the red strip has been removed as above, there are 2 metal washer-type things on the inside of the arch where it overlaps the rear bumper. Prise those off with a screwdriver, then you should be able to give the arch a good firm tug and it will pop off the car. Be careful with the front peice of the arch as that's held on the same way as the door trim and needs pushing down.

For the front arch, you have to prise the small red trim out but this time it's a little different and I haven't found a way that doesn't end up with a slightly twisted bit of trim! Anyhow, once those have come out there are 2 of those metal washer-type things at the front of the arch where it overlaps the bumper, get those off and again give the arch a good tug and it should come away.

Once you've done a couple of them and see how they are fixed it becomes apparent :rolleyes:

There are a stack of pics here that may be helpfull: http://www.mdracing.co.uk/trim.asp

P.S. Sorry I forgot to reply to your PM... hope the above helps out!

Eryl1.9Gti

Cheerz for that. No worries about the PM.

Aint going to atempt it for 3 weeks (Thats the next time i will see the 205)

After rear tyre getting a bit too closr to the arch the car has been at my Parents. So come easter break im going to attack the pug, try and get it looking, well a bit less taty.

Eryl1.9Gti

So how do i get the Quarter badges off (GTI and 1.9)

Veero

Safe way to get them off without snapping the lugs off is to remove the interior boot lining trim and pop them out from the inside. Pulling them off from the outside will almost certainly rip the pegs off and you'll have to stick em back on with glue.

Veero

Sign in to follow this