• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
miamistu

106 Coil Pack

miamistu

Hi, does anybody know if the following is the correct wiring for a coilpack off a 106 xsi?

PIN 1 ~ PIN 2 ~ PIN 3 ~ PIN 4

earth to cylinders 1&4 ~ earth to cylinders 2&3 ~ 12V ~ 12V

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

M3Evo

Might be an idea to put your old battery on charge Stu so we can test the coil pack just to confirm what does what :rolleyes:

16v205

I had an issue with a pug 406 coil pack, didnt realise it until once we got to emerald for mapping.

When the pack was first wired up, it appeared to fire the correct pair of plugs at the right time, all seemed ok. Drove ok on part throttle but it was never under real load as it was an unmapped engine. Under load on idle though cylinders 1 & 4 were igniting unburnt fuel in the manifold.

Turned out I'd wired the coil earth correctly for cylinders 1 & 4 but had crossed a 12v+ and earth for 2 & 3 around. When cylinders 2 & 3 were igniting the voltage was running the wrong way through the coil and sometimes igniting 3 or all 4 spark plugs.

If its any use ill pin out the positive's and let you know tomorrow.

Rich

miamistu

That's great - cheers Rich! :)

16v205

Hi

Not had chance to get out to the car yet. Ill be back from work early tomorrow so hopefully be able to pin it out then.

Rich

miamistu

Okey dokey - no worries :)

pug_ham

Is the 106 coil pack you have the same as in this picture?

If it is (ones I've seen are) the pin out will be the same as on my Mp3.1 & I can have a look at that if you want.

Graham.

M3Evo

Unfortunately not, mine looks like this:

coil_pack_106_top.jpg

coil_pack_106_side.jpg

Thanks for the offer though. :lol:

(this is stu)

Edited by M3Evo

Sign in to follow this