• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
trogboy

Tu3 Bottom End Differences

trogboy

The liners on all of my TU3 bottom ends are pretty worn and I fancy getting a decent set before I rebuild my hybred engine.

As I am tight as a ducks ass I figure it would be easiest to pick up a low milage TU3 bottom end from a 106, 206 or saxo etc and just use it complete. However I remember someone mentioning that the gearbox mountings are different (Possibly Sam?) as well as a few other differences which make the newer bottom ends not a straight swap for the old ones. I've tried searching for the topic but to no avail.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Sandy

The only difference i've noticed with the geaboxes is the provision for a crank sensor on post 92 boxes and thicker diff cross pin on 106 and later boxes. They all bolt on ok.

stu_woac

if you have a pre 92 tu engine then the box you have will not bolt on the new engine properly as the bottom front bolt dosn't line up on the block its higher than the old one you can do it the other way round tho

trogboy

so you're saying that a post '92 box will fit on a pre '92 block?

stu_woac

yes

trogboy

hmmm. In that case can I take a complete set of liners, pistons, connecting rods, bearing shells and crank and transplant it from a low milage post '92 engine and into a pre '92 block?

stu_woac

um Im not to sure but isnt the all the post tus iron blocks not ally

Sign in to follow this