• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ecosse205

Spax ?

Guest ecosse205

Hi,

I realise that suspension kits have been covered many times before , but just wonder what the feedback is out there regarding Spax products ? In the process of shopping for kit just now and realise you get what you pay for but would be interested in feedback from anyone that has this product fitted.

The car in question is going to be used for track work by the way

Thanks

Jonmurgie

Used to be OK... then went to s*ite... think it's back to OK agian now but no personal recent experience. Did nothing come up in a search?

jonD6B

I have recently taken Spax adjustables off my car. My personal experience is that they are very harsh and destroy the handling characterists that I personally like in a car. Basically, I found the car skittish and difficult to judge. A search will bring up many opinions on this subject including a very recent topic.

PsychoSimon

i have spax adjustables on mine atm and like them a lot. my only down point is that i feel the rears arent as stiff as they could be.

other than that very good quality

Miles

Bilstein are very good in the medium price range, Then going up a stage is the AST and others but these start to cost allot more,

I;ve just ordered a set of Billies to replace some Spax adjustables and converted another car over a couple of weeks back, All have good feedback on the swap

kenan

I'm replacing my current SPAX RSX Coilovers for Billys from Miles. They aren't good on the road but were fine on track as it's smother.

veloce200

Nothing wrong with Spax dampers at the moment - sold a lot this year - only complaint is the ride. They are definitely better on the track than the road. RSX kit lowers too much at the front but PSX and VSX are good upgrades to standard as long as on PSX you set them up properly. B6 Billies are best where a non adjustable damper and mainly road use is the order of the day. Bilstein motorsport inserts also great for track and road.

boldy205

i have a set of spax PSX adjustables on my 1.9 and feel it was money well spent, yes they do seem reasonably firm in most settings, but it just depands what you want out of the car, dont buy uprated suspension if you dont want a firm flickable very enjoyable ride! plus if your in the PGAC you will recive a good discount (at least i did about a year ago) if you order directly from Spax.

Wicker man

i had the RSX kit on my old 1.6 & thought it was spot on tbh

Guest Aggs

I find them great on smooth roads but a bit too firm for B roads and country roads.

Just got the front adjustables.

I am searching for a better set up and not sure what to do.

findlay

I agree with the "too hard" comments. Had the RSX kit on my Mi16 and for road use it was mentally hard. Ideal for the track where the surface will be smoother but IMHO it made baack road blasts slower with the Spax kit vs. the Billies Streetline kit I had on my previous 1600...

slowmo

I have the RSX kit on my 1.9 .I like them on the track, but try to go over any lumpy, bumpy road and you wish you wern't going so fast .

kenan

Just had my RSX kit swapped for the Billy Sprintline kit and all I can say if by the Bilstine kit, if you get the Spax you are mad.

Anyone reading this who has seen my Spax set-up for sale ignoor the above and buy them LOL

smighall
Just had my RSX kit swapped for the Billy Sprintline kit and all I can say if by the Bilstine kit, if you get the Spax you are mad.

Anyone reading this who has seen my Spax set-up for sale ignoor the above and buy them LOL

Is that from a road point of view, or on track?

You still got them for sale?

Sean

jonD6B
Is that from a road point of view, or on track?

You still got them for sale?

Sean

If kenan hasn't got the kit for sale still I've got the adjustable rears only if your interested. I have got the fronts but they're knackered.

Guest Aggs

My Spax front adjustables coming off car next week, will be putting them up for sale.They are good on smooth roads/tracks,but my car mainly road car,so trying a different set up.

Let me know if interested.

Edited by Aggs

Sign in to follow this