• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cips007

Immobiliser...!

Guest cips007

Hi all,need advice,my immobiliser stopped working a while ago and i've lost my certificate too.Was gonna ring insurance to tell em but worried they may ask me to buy and get another fitted.Need advice on the Toad immobiliser for sale on the following link.It actually says "Insurance Approved Certificate ( for you to fill in and complete yourself)*

When i asked the seller he replied "as long as it is fitted as per the fitting manual"

Question is,is this sufficient or a waste of money etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Anthony

As I understood it, the alarm has to be installed (or atleast subsequently approved) by an approved fitter for most insurers to accept it?

Ryan

You can also fit it yourself and have the installation inspected by a qualified fitter (who will charge you a small fee).

AFAIK the fitter has to put an official stamp on the certificate for it to be valid, but some ebay sellers send you pre-stamped certificates - which is a bit on the dodgy side as you could easily use the certificate to get cheaper insurance and leave the immobilizer in it's box, or even sell it.

Edited by RyanMoore

Guest cips007

I am going to buy a toad transponder immobiliser and fit it myself as i've fitted one a few years ago.I wont have a stamped certificate but atleast it'll maybe stop any scum bag stealing it.can anyone help as to the wires/colour i'll need to connect.I assume the ignition wire will be the main one,but dont own a manual so unsure as to which wires and there colours are what.

Many Thanks

Guest cips007

Can anyone help with differenciating the wires please

Cheers

Chris

tagy

you can't just fill in the certificate yourself, you would have to get it checked by a toad dealer, who may charge alot depending what they feel like.

I'd buy a manual if you dont have one already. I guess you could immobilise the starter wire cutting it by the barrel and joing on somewhere further up.

Guest cips007

The immobiliser connects to ignition wire and starter wire,any ideas as to which colour these are

Chris

EnglishRob

From what I can remember when removing a faulty immobiliser, it connected to the yellow & red wires coming off the ignition. I can't remember which is which though.

Have you already bought the imobiliser? Just wondering if it would work out cheaper to buy one from an installer and have it professionally installed. At least that way you're covered. Without a certificate, the insurance company may not pay up in the event the car is stolen.

Rob

Sign in to follow this