• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
notamondayfan

Tiger Seal

notamondayfan

hey guys,

i need tiger seal to permantly stick my body panel back onto the car.

wheres the best place to buy it? do any places stock it, ie B&Q, halfords, etc? if not, which website do u recomend 4 price and delivery speed.

thanks, dean!

jonah

Seems to be quite difficult to get hold of, Halfords and B&Q etc don't sell it, I eventually got some from a very small local motor factors (think I was their first customer in about a month!)... So try phoning around your local car spares places / automotive paint suppliers / body panel suppliers etc. The stuff you're after is PU (polyurethane) adhesive sealant.

16v205

I got something similar called stickaflex when ordering a bodykit a few years ago from www.tuning.co.uk, cost about £10.

The rear panel stayed stuck for 5 years on the back of the 205 until the car was scrapped.

Rich

Paintguy

You could give Autosupplies a ring, and they'll sort you out, or it can be bought on-line at Paints4U

I've never dealt with paints4u, but have been dealing with Autosupplies for 5 or 6 years. :)

Sam

A Yacht chandlers perhaps? Sikaflex is used to hold some quite important parts together and is a polyurathane based adhesive sealant as mentioned above.

SPGTi

Sikaflex is also sold at floors 2 go.

Steve

Ant

Local motor factors sorted me...

£5 inc VAT :) Cant be bad B)

notamondayfan

a mate of mine said that silkaflex was the best stuff. whats the difference between that and tiger seal? im thinkin about ordering it off paints4u.com as i need some stopper too.

cheers, dean

Paintguy

Not much difference between the two really. They're both PU adhesive sealants ;)

Sign in to follow this