• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ajsik

Xu9jaz Problem

Guest ajsik

Hey I have a XU9JAZ engine with gutmann camshaft and gutmann ecu map, mechanicaly is engine rebuild well but I have problem with electronics.

I start the engine, it runs normaly but the idle revs isn't stable as normal (maybe due to GM camshaft 274/281 angle) but the engine doesn't cuts out. I can drive but for a few minutes (5-8) , "K" symbol appears together with power whole (accelariting , then power loss and accelaritng again but "K" symbol is light). But when I stop accelaritng and goes to iddle revs engine dies and doesn't start. Normaly rotating but like no fuel or no ignition it does't start. I parked the car yesterday and today I try start it and it started! But again after a few minutes "K" ligth appears (power loss) and engine dies at idle revs (in high revs it goes) - the engine was still cold (oil, water).

Do u have any idea why is doing that, I am in the corner no idea where the problem could be :D

specs:

XU9JAZ

No KAT (but lambda i OK)

Bosch Motronic 1.3 (last three digits : 162)

Edited by ajsik

easypug

Engine management fault:

Taken from the main site:

'There is another warning light on Motronic models, resembling a K (transistor): it shows engine management problems. (If someone can supply a picture, please do so.)'

Simes

Buy or make a fault code reader, and get the fault code off the ECU, this would start you off.

Guest ajsik

I try to short the pins in connector for 5seconds but "K" light didn't flash 12 to start diagnostic ...

I measure the connector and there is 12V and ground.

The fault code reader is only a swith which connected this to pins , or it is more complicated thing?

cybernck

i don't think it has anything to do with the Gutmann upgrades.

i get the same problems nearly every autumn/winter.

what i found out to be the cure is to disconnect everything there is in engine bay,

spray all the connection with WD40 and connect everything back on :D.

try that out and let us know if it helps :(.

Sign in to follow this