• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simmy

306 Xsi Q's

Simmy

Right, well i've posted up on the PSOOC but they're toooo slow in replying, lol, bit of a long shot but though maybe some of you guys could help out? Havne;t got service manuals with me and the motor factors closes at 12:30!

My bro's asked me to service his W-reg 306 XSi for him, easy enough job but a few Q's

1) Does anyone know which service it requires at 60k miles? The handbook shows service types A, B and C, but as the car originally came from holland we can't figure out which one it is!! If nobody is sure we're just go the whole hog and do the type 'C' service which includes the most work, just to be on the safe side.

2) Oil... haven't got the service book with me atm, am I looking at a 5W40 or 10W40?

3) Where abouts am I looking for the fuel filter? I'm sure i could find it if i poke aruond long enough but if some1 could point me in the right direction that'd speed things up somewhat!!

4) Does anyone know how to get rid of the little spanner icon on the dash that it displays to indicate it needs a service? I know on VW's it's a comibination of turning the ignition and fiddling with the right hand accesory stalk, is it silimar with the 306, or is a special gadget needed?

All help much appreciated... just gotta get to the motorfactors before it closes @ 12:30. lol

Anthony

1) No idea, but if you're unsure of the cars past servicing then I'd do everything - all fluids, cambelt, all filters etc

2) 10W40 semi-synthetic will be fine

3) No idea, but logically if it's not in the engine bay (follow the fuel lines) then it'll be under the car near the fuel tank

4) Hold down the trip reset and switch the ignition on. Hold for 10 seconds until the countdown elapses.

ablister

60k will be an 'A' service

Simmy

D'oh! lol, just got back from buying the whole works for a 'C' service ;)

We've got the full service history, just had no idea on the A,B,C malarky...

Cheers for the service reset tip anthony, that works on my mums Polo as well, had been fiddling with the right accessory stalk for ages with no success ;)

ablister, could you let me know what order the services go in? like is it A,B,C,A,B,C,A,B,C or something else like A,B,A,C,A,B,A,C,A,B,A,C??

Mucho Helpful guys!

ablister

there is only A and C, i've never done a B service on anything. Can't remember the service intervals on the 306 xsi's but it'll either be every 36,000 or 40,000 miles for the major C services

Simmy

every 40,000 from the looks of things, cheers for your help mate! major bonus!!!

'Brother asked pug garage how much a service would cost for a 306 Xsi @ 60,000 miles and they said £190!!! has cost us a hour of work and £20 parts!! ;)

Daylight Robbery at it's greatest! :D

ablister

i think the price of parts is even more of a rip off! I priced up one of the coolant hoses for my 205 and it was £52 :s

jim205GTI

i think i will be doing my own service on the xsi when its due, i had a look at the prices when i was getting some parts and thought f**k that :)

damien

fuel filter is under the drivers door (the door handle) as on the gti6.

Sign in to follow this