• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
casnell

Gravel Tyre Size

casnell

There aren't any 205's rallying here, and I'm wondering do you use the 14" or 15" rims for gravel rallying. Lots more choice in 15" but do they fit? Any ideas/

Cheers, Chris

pug205rally
There aren't any 205's rallying here, and I'm wondering do you use the 14" or 15" rims for gravel rallying. Lots more choice in 15" but do they fit? Any ideas/

Cheers, Chris

Hi I use 14in for gravel and don't really have many problems - 15in have a wider track and do feel a bit more stable but not found it an issue. Mostly on Kumho or Matador tyres. Have both 14" and 15" rims

Cheers

Simon

gti_al

Cheers, Chris

You feelin the need for some bling rims now chris...? Perhaps something nice and shiny in 15s? (i think i know where you could find some)

SPGTi

Cheers, Chris

I have just fitted some maxsport gravel tyres in 185/55/15 and they fit OK. I have trimmed the rear valence though. Front is on 309 springs and rear is about std ride height.

Steve

casnell
You feelin the need for some bling rims now chris...? Perhaps something nice and shiny in 15s? (i think i know where you could find some)

;) , nice idea (!) but nah, I've got 40 15" rally tyres to use up! 195-60-15

gti_al
;) , nice idea (!) but nah, I've got 40 15" rally tyres to use up! 195-60-15

195 60 15 is pretty big on a 205 isn't it? Is your car lower than standard?

And 40... wtf? You hijacked a tyre truck or something?

casnell
195 60 15 is pretty big on a 205 isn't it? Is your car lower than standard?

And 40... wtf? You hijacked a tyre truck or something?

Actually raised a bit, but yeah, they're probably a bit big !

They're left over from the EVO VII.

gti_al

Perhaps just get a bigger lift kit? Some of those monster trucks run really big profile tyres...

Seriously though, you must have some hope. People dump them on huge rims, so seeing as they aren't that wide you must have a chance. Maybe try one on? If the guards get in the way you could always roll them or something...

From memory those wheels (and tyres) you lent me had plenty of rubber on them - what profile were they?

Craigb

Anything bigger than 185 60 15 is going to rub somwhere .

Some manufacturers tyres are different in overall size despite having the same sizes printed on the side wall though

Got to be worth trying one and see..

jonah

Do you have a 1.6 or 1.9?

The forward mounts on the rear beam are different between 1.6 and 1.9, causing the rear wheels on the 1.9 to be about 1/2" further back.

Might be worth knowing if you've got a 1.6 beam and find that the tyres foul the front of the rear arches...

casnell
Do you have a 1.6 or 1.9?

The forward mounts on the rear beam are different between 1.6 and 1.9, causing the rear wheels on the 1.9 to be about 1/2" further back.

Might be worth knowing if you've got a 1.6 beam and find that the tyres foul the front of the rear arches...

Got a 1.9 rear, and the problem seems to be the rear of the rear(!) so maybe I need to attack the arch with a grinder...I reckon the fronts may fit..I just need 15" rims to try them on...

Sign in to follow this