• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeyde

Air Filter.

mikeyde

Just now i have a K+N fitted to the pug which sits in the inner wing pretty much, behind the nearside headlamp.

I've just got a BMC filter (the carbon style cover) which i would like to use but i cant fit it in the same place.

What shall i do/where shall i put it? has anyone fitted this filter before?

Jonmurgie

Not heard of a BMC one being fitted on a 205 as it's pretty much like the standard air filter setup anyhow!!

pug_ham

You can get BMC cone filters Jon, a mate had one on his Golf.

Why can't you fit it in teh same place? Pure due to the size?

I'd forget about it & keep the K&N kit instead.

Graham.

dee205

You'd be just aswell moving the washer bottle and using an Mi airbox with a K&N panel filter as Jonmurgie said the BMC on is the same job. I've seen a few cone filter Vs panel filter RRs and the panel filter gave gains ( only a few horses) but the cone filter gave losses of a few brake.

Damien

mikeyde

bugger! might just ebay the turd. cheers!

pug_ham
I've seen a few cone filter Vs panel filter RRs and the panel filter gave gains ( only a few horses) but the cone filter gave losses of a few brake.
I must've seen the same article as I've heard that the BMC cones were rubbish as well.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this