• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mad Professor

Ignition Maps

Mad Professor

Hi All.

As most of you should know I have a 205 1.9 TT, Witch is running with a MegaSquirt-II ECU.

I have just converted from dizzy to ford edis (Coil Packs), and am having problems getting a good starting ign map.

I have a few of the MS guys helping me out, but as thay don't know the car and or engine, thay are only guessing.

Heres the post on the msefi.com site "Need help setting up 1st time ignition map table"

I 1st started off useing a map that TVH had posted for this 405 (XU Engine).

sytty.jpg

With the help of the MS guys I am now running this map.

Bosch%20Ign%20Table(1).jpg

Witch seems to be better running that TVH's, but still way off.

So I would like you help and advise.

Thanks...

petert

I take it that 100kPa is atmospheric pressure? ie WOT in a normally aspirated engine?

If so, the advance at 3000RPM/100kPa should be 30 deg., and the same to redline. At that load, it's the same as a N/A engine, there's no boost, so advance should be the same. I'd also increase the advance from 60kPa to 20kPa (lightest load) to 36 deg. maximum. Also, assuming that cruising at 90km/h (approx. 3000 rpm) will be approx. 60kPa, it should want approx. 36 deg. here, certainly more than 31. The 2500 rpm (and below) values look ok though.

On the pressure side (100-220), I really can't advise as I haven't had any experience with TT's, but as the boost increases, you'll need to retard the timing, maybe down to 24 (or less) depending on how much boost you run. It's not something you really want to get wrong. There's not much time between a "ping" and a melted piston under boost.

You really need to stick it on a dyno to do it properly. The only way to know how much advance it needs (at any RPM /load point) is to watch the Torque read out. Get the operator to hold it at load point. Start low, gradually increasing the advance until the Nm's peak. It takes a bit of time, but well worth it.

IvarS

Peter helped me out with a basic setting for the Mi16 engine, looks like this. Haven't had the car on a dyno yet but it seems to work at least as well as std.

Advance.jpg

Sign in to follow this