• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kenan

Autofive Mudflaps

kenan

Looking for Mud flaps for the front of my GTI. Found them with autofive, has anyone recently got a set from them and can you confirm if they are any good

thanks

Edited by kenan

Jonmurgie

Aren't they OEM one's they are selling anyhow?

kenan
Aren't they OEM one's they are selling anyhow?

I wasen't sure, hence why I was asking. I the pictures they did look like OEM

jonah

Yes they are the OE ones. I had the front ones for a while, didn't think much of them though, they scrape on the ground going over big bumps and they're not flexible enough so they crack. Both of mine fell off within a couple of months.

Col

aye, dont bother if your car is lowered. i lost both mine in about an hour

ashley peddle

i ripped my 306 ones off and thats not even lowered so i have a feeling that my 205 ones (when i fit them) will prolly last a few minutes... if that :)

newdean0

I've had mine for a year now and the car is lowered 30mm at the front. Yes they do scrape over most speed humps but I haven't lost them yet. They're a good warning system though! Have stopped me ripping the exhaust off a couple of times.

P.S. The ones I bought don't have the little GTi badges on so I don't think they are standard fitment.

Edited by newdean0

Miles

Neat Auto's do the same ones, Cheaper as well I think

feb
Yes they are the OE ones. I had the front ones for a while, didn't think much of them though, they scrape on the ground going over big bumps and they're not flexible enough so they crack. Both of mine fell off within a couple of months.

i have had the same problem when going over ramps, what you need to do is drill through the rivets (3 of them), remove them and insert a screw with a nut on the back. that should keep it steady.

Edited by feb

JHB205

Are the mudflaps from neat autos the same as the original mudflaps that came on the cars from brand new???

Ryan

I bought both front and rears from Neat about 12 months ago. Both sets came in Peugeot bags and both had the little "GTI" and "CTI" badges to put on them.

The 2 pairs were different quality though. The rears are the dense rubber-like material of the original flags. The fronts were cheapo plastic ones, and were obviously designed for base-models as the mounting holes were in the wrong place (but that's easily fixed). I asked at a pug dealer sometime later and was told that the plastic front flaps are all they can get for the 205 now.

JHB205

Thats probabily why the originals on ebay go for so much...........................shame as they look cool!!

Ryan

99.9% of the ones on ebay ARE the cheapo plastic kind - buy them new, sell them are "Rare!", and watch the £££ roll in...

GLPoomobile

I still have Autofive mudflaps from oooooh, about 5 years ago. Never fitted them. If they are rubber ones then ch-ching, eBay here I come!

RobMGti

Same as most people, fitted them and then had the ripped of chasing a local sti down the east cost of coniston. Total waste of time imo

Sanchez

Did mud flaps come on the car as standard or were they extras?

Sign in to follow this