• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
alexi

Anti Chip Paint

alexi

:)

Did all 205 GTI 1.9's have anti-chip paint at the base of the front quarter, in the area below the body moulding plastic?

By anti-chip paint I mean that thicker slightly rough looking paint, still same colour as rest of body.

Anthony

On the bottom of the front wings, yes. It's absence is usually a good reason to be suspicious of replacement panels and possible accident damage...

alexi

hmmm, interesting, thats given me something to think about cos both my front wings have no anti-chip paint? I may well loose sleep over this!

timmsy19

good bit of info i did wonder what they where for. mine has them on the dorrs and rear quaters. anywhere else they should be?

Paintguy

timmsy19, I think you're refering to the small anti-chip 'stickers', rather than the paint found on the bottom sections of the front wings.

The only place I've seen them on a 205 are the places you mention, the leading edges of the door and rear ¼.

notamondayfan

was the anti chip paint also applied to the bottom of the sills? ive always wondered why its "rougher" than the body panels.

Paintguy

Yep :)

Sign in to follow this