• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andy205GTX

Bumpers: Gti & Standard

Guest Andy205GTX

Just a quick question, hope someone could shed some light on my situation. I need new bumpers (both front and rear) for my 1993 205 GTX. I am pretty much 100% sure that the GTX (like the XS) has GTi spec bumpers. From a simple visual analysis the only difference between the Gti and Non-Gti bumpers is the valance/spoiler (both my front & rear valance are fine, I simply need the bumpers). So my question is are all 205 bumpers (not including the valance) actually the same?

Alternatively if any one knows whether these bumpers will fit my car that would be a great help.

Sorry if this sounds pretty basic and of a school boy nature but I am pretty new to all this and have little knowledge of 205's.

Cheers

pug_ham

The XS has the same bumpers as the base models, not the GTi.

Even then there are two different bumpers, some with the holes drilled for the tri strips to fit & some without.

Those should be Ok for your car if they have these holes but I'd suspect the might not have.

Graham.

Guest Andy205GTX

Cheers Graham, thats clears it all up abit, I was trolling through all the threads that the search brought up but wasnt getting anywhere. I think I might take the risk and get them and worry about the tri strips later.

Andy

stu_woac

you want none gti ones and they should come with no holes at all apart from monting holes and valance holes

where you getting them from??

I got mine from gsf you need to tilt the front arm up and pull the bumper around on the wings for a 100% spot on fit

Guest Andy205GTX

Was thinking of getting those ones off ebay (the link was in my first post). Failing that it is definately going to be GSF, will have to see what happens. If they have no holes other than mounting and valance holes how do I fit the silver trim back on? (havent taken those off yet so don't know how they are attached.)

stu_woac

you drill the holes out they are there just not drilled out to save money to give you the product cheaper

Guest Andy205GTX

Good good, should'nt be too hard then, thanks all!

stu_woac

the only thing is on the ebay item you cant see the ends as the gti ones are cut short for the body kit ou better make sure they are non gti ones first

Guest Andy205GTX

Pretty sure they are non-gti, I did a check using the part numbers he stated in the listing. I am also going to see if I can see them before committing (they are local to me). But like I said earlier; failing that I will go to GSF, wont cost much more really.

Guest Andy205GTX

Right...

I bought the bumpers (£25 for both, never used so pretty good I thought), and I deceided to try and change the rear thinking it would be easy....I was wrong, the bolts and fixings are completely destroyed!

The brackets are completely mashed and removing them from the old bumper is going to just kill them, so I have had to try and put the old bumper back on (only got it half off) and then try this again when I have more time.

What I need to know is where can I get a set of all the fixings (bolts, screws etc) for bumper replacement? I have seen these pop up on ebay from time to time and have heard they are only avaliable from peugeot, is this true? anyone, any ideas?

Thanks

pug_ham
What I need to know is where can I get a set of all the fixings (bolts, screws etc) for bumper replacement? I have seen these pop up on ebay from time to time and have heard they are only avaliable from peugeot, is this true? anyone, any ideas?
Either Peugeot or Neat Autos.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this