• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest btwstripe

Help Please!

Guest btwstripe

ok, here`s the story so far, my 205 8v turbo just decided to stop going one day! it had been a little hesitant to start that day, and as i was going along, bump, stopped working. wouldn`t start at all. so managed to have a bit of a squint at it yesterday, and hopefully you lot can help me out! engine is believed to be from a xantia turbo.

there`s no spark, and the fuelling is only allowed through in one burst on initial crank over then it stops. i`m convinced it`s a wiring fault so i started to explore. the connetor to the coil pack (or DIS pack as i call it) isn`t getting a positive feed. it has 3 yellow wires going into it, and one black with a small black box that comes off and seems to earth, the black wire actually came away from the small box as we were testing, so i`m currently trying to source one. any ideas which models have the same setup?

also as i looked under the steering wheel, i have noticed that the engine loom has been directly wired into the pug loom. there is 2 rectangular connectors, one a big brown effort with maybe 8 wires or so, and the other a smaller one with only 4. now the small one has 3 wires connected to it and the other left off - i think this plug is for the starter motor. the bigger connector has several wires not attached, and the joining loom looks to have a wire that used to be connected here but has broken off - pretty sure this is the route of my problem but i do not know which wire to attach it to?? if i trace it back through to the engine side, it joins into a light green wire that possibly goes straight back to the ecu (will need to check further)

what i`ve found is that the small black box seems to act as an inverter as once this is connected (all be it badly, hencec need replacment) on initial crank over there is a positive feed to the DIS pack connector, but only for a second.

if anyone can make head nor tail off this, please reply, i`m without a car and desperate to get her going again!!

cheers

goldie

Richie-Van-GTi

for spark and fuel in one go Id point to tachymetric relay.

Guest btwstripe
for spark and fuel in one go Id point to tachymetric relay.

where would i find this mate?

Guest btwstripe
where would i find this mate?

anyone? :)

easypug

Under the ECU, above your right knee as your sitting in the car.

edit: i say knee as a general idea of the area it is, it might not actually be directly above your right knee :)

Edited by easypug

Guest btwstripe
Under the ECU, above your right knee as your sitting in the car.

edit: i say knee as a general idea of the area it is, it might not actually be directly above your right knee :)

ahhh, thus poses a problem as my ecu is in the engine bay lol, i`ll have a look tho. thanks

keep suggestions coming folks

sonofsam

Think he means were your original 205 ECU was kept,Tachymetric relay is near there.

A search on here would probally bring up a picture to help matters further :)

Guest btwstripe
Think he means were your original 205 ECU was kept,Tachymetric relay is near there.

A search on here would probally bring up a picture to help matters further :)

i`ve had a look and nothing there, but i`m positive it doesn`t run through that as my rev counter doesn`t work/not wired in anyway!

does anyone know what the wee black box is called thats mounted under the coil area? it`s about half an inch in length and has a single black wire that runs into the coil`s connecting plug

Edited by btwstripe

sonofsam
i`ve had a look and nothing there, but i`m positive it doesn`t run through that as my rev counter doesn`t work/not wired in anyway!

does anyone know what the wee black box is called thats mounted under the coil area? it`s about half an inch in length and has a single black wire that runs into the coil`s connecting plug

erm i have one of those also(just checked)..Dont know TBH,isnt there something similar on the 8v 1.9 distributors??

Guest btwstripe
erm i have one of those also(just checked)..Dont know TBH,isnt there something similar on the 8v 1.9 distributors??

any chance you could put a pic up buddy? my cam got nicked from my luggage last week! :)

if anyone has an epc on disc, a part number would be really appreciated, phoned 2 citroen dealers and my local pug aswell, no joy!!

sonofsam
any chance you could put a pic up buddy? my cam got nicked from my luggage last week! :)

if anyone has an epc on disc, a part number would be really appreciated, phoned 2 citroen dealers and my local pug aswell, no joy!!

Yes i get a pic up tommorow,I have the epc disk,dont think its on there,but will check ..again tommorow :angry:

sorry to hear about your camera..that sucks !!

Guest btwstripe

tell me about it mate, brand new a week before i went to budapest, got to budapest, no longer there :)

sonofsam

feel your pain mate,my DV cam just cost me £165 to fix after

a little snowboarding accident i had with it !!

Anyways,fisrt pic is unknown connector with a square of masking tape on it.

Second is tachymetric relay

pic 1

pic 2

Guest btwstripe
feel your pain mate,my DV cam just cost me £165 to fix after

a little snowboarding accident i had with it !!

Anyways,fisrt pic is unknown connector with a square of masking tape on it.

Second is tachymetric relay

pic 1

pic 2

thanks mate, that first pic is the wee guy i`m after if anyone can help?!

2nd pic, i don`t have that anymore :)

peter

hi mate this is exactly what my car has done (check my current post) the small black box is just a ignition noise supresor or somthing along those lines and is irelivent however the thacometer relay isnt but if yours is a xantia loom your tach relay wont look like that it is a larger more rectangular box well it is on my loom which is an xm one i would have thought they would be similar.Aparently my ecu had been damaged and i have had it fixed but still no luck so god knows if you find out though please let me know

cheers

Sign in to follow this