• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

Anyone Recognise This Cam?

christopher

Does anyone recognise the manufacturer of this cam?

This particular cam has no fuel pump drive so could be 106 origins....and has some sort of brass collar that is held in by pins. (seems very unusual....This collar has the slot that a plate slots into to prevent the cam from coming out. (This is normally casted on normal cams).

I have been told that this is a Peugeot sport Group A Cam but I cannot see a marking that makes any sense...

T1_813_1186294.JPG

pugrallye

the brass collar is for def to stop cam coming out, so designed for 8k rpm and above usage, poss a GMC cam??!! as they had a habit of making very high revving TU's (9600rpm in their race AX) well.. along with peugeot sport of course!

Edited by pugrallye

TB_205GTI

Dunno bout the make, but I wouldn't use it in my engine. Looks like it has done it's time..

christopher
Dunno bout the make, but I wouldn't use it in my engine. Looks like it has done it's time..

And how do you come to that conclusion? There is almost not a mark on any of the lobes...

christopher
And how do you come to that conclusion? There is almost not a mark on any of the lobes...

Those aren't indents on the lobe mate...thats just a bit of oil...

Sign in to follow this