• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Powers

Standard Ecu Modifications

Powers

Just out of interest, and to help win a debate against a friend. What can be done to a standard 205 1.9 ecu (1990) I think it is a Motronic 3.1.

Add/correct the list below:

Rev limit can be changed or removed

Air fuel ratio can be changed to over-fuel at high rpm.

Cheers.

Banjo

Not a lot as it's Jetronic on 1990 8v, try a search.

You can change or remove the rev limiter, not much point on 8v, but I think thats it as its analog.

Ben

Edited by Banjo

Rob_the_Sparky

You can tweak mixtures for idle and normal running but for normal running it can only be done in a quite coarse way that effects it at all load/rev sites.

Rob

DrSeuss

Anything is possible. Motronic 3.1 can be fully remapped but you will always retain the afm. Jetronic is all analogue so its only possible to remap via changing components. Considering most electronic engineers build more complicated embedded computers daily, it would be easier to start from scratch!

Rob_the_Sparky

Trouble is that the "base map" is in the AFM and that is neigh on impossible to tweak. Hence Jetronic is pretty difficult to adjust. With enough info (I'm talking stuff that BOSCH will count as trade secrets here) it is certainly possible but really it isn't going to happen!

Edited by Rob_the_Sparky

petert
I think it is a Motronic 3.1.

It could be Jetronic, or it could be Motronic 1.3, but not 3.1.

If it is a Motronic 1.3 you can do what ever you like.

309PUG
you can change rev limiter, mixture and injection time by this mod:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jso/39/calculagti.htm

Great link, but not too good with the lingo, can you translate, or tell me exactly what it will achieve, ie does this raise the rev limit if so to what, etc etc.

Chris

Kamel6k

It's something like this:

Go to a shop with electronic components and buy:

TLC274CN Integrated circuit

Electrical resistor 1% 6,81 K

Electrical resistor 1% 1,82 K

Capacitor 300 nF

(if you don't know nothing about electronics, show this to the man in the shop, he will know)

Reference: -> Old component: -> New component:

BS30 -> Bosch 30017 -> TLC274CN

C781 -> 470 nF/100V -> 330 nF

R704 -> 5.6 K.ohms -> 6.81K.ohms

R705 -> 5.1 K.ohms -> 1.82 K.ohms

Here's a picture of where they are in the ECU:

cal2.jpg

The ECU:

cal3.jpg

The Rev limiter will be in something like 7800/8000 rpm's or more. Therre are dino's where you can get 7bhp (not maximum bhp exactly, but somewhere in the rev range, and 3/4 maximun) There are people who acheved more, people who acheved less...

P.S:I'm only saying what's in the page (the valeus ive seen in the discution forum where some members dino'ed theyre cars) I'm at the moment doing it on my ECU.

Edited by Kamel6k

Sign in to follow this