• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MartinR

Fuel Injectors...... Clean Or Renew

MartinR

Guys

Just wanted peoples thoughts on whether to buy a new set of injectors or get an old set cleaned.

I also wanted peoples opinions on before and afters, i.e. before cleaning and after cleaning and if any have been beyond repair.

What I dont want to do is send of some injectors and for them to be scrap.

I have been quoted £246 in VAT for a set of 4 1.9 GTi injectors, part number being 0280 150 762

ALEX

Clean them!

You wont benefit much from new injectors.

You even get a print-out with the before & after results to give you pece of mind that the injectors are working as they should.

www.injectorcleaning.co.uk

phatgti

It'll cost you £80 to clean them and they'll squirt like new.

MartinR

OK

Anyone got a set of 1.9 injectors for sale then? :P

Ryan
It'll cost you £80 to clean them and they'll squirt like new.

Cost me £47 from the people Alex posted a link to. I'm glad I did it as the report sheet said 2 of them had dodgy spray patterns, and on one the flow rate was down by nearly 10%

maturin23

Obvious Q - has the cleaning provided any tangible improvement in performance?

Ryan

No idea. They are for a rebuilt engine that hasn't gone in yet.

PumaRacing
Guys

Just wanted peoples thoughts on whether to buy a new set of injectors or get an old set cleaned.

I also wanted peoples opinions on before and afters, i.e. before cleaning and after cleaning and if any have been beyond repair.

What I dont want to do is send of some injectors and for them to be scrap.

I have been quoted £246 in VAT for a set of 4 1.9 GTi injectors, part number being 0280 150 762

I'm getting tooled up for injector cleaning and refurbishment at the moment. The cleaning bit is in place but the spray pattern and flow testing part hasn't been made yet. By the time you've stopped faffing about and actually start building the engine I'll be ready :D

Nearly all injectors will come back to as new spec after cleaning so buying new ones isn't a sensible option.

Guest rick03054

Could you tell us a bit about how they're cleaned? or would that be giving away trade secrets??

I tried to find out a bit about it a while ago but didn't get much past "in a sonic bath".

Rob_the_Sparky

Yes, sort of. No RR proof as I wasn't expecting any difference but it feels like there is a difference in top end power on my car. Having said that "feel" is subjective but I will certainly be doing it again.

Rob

P.S. My injectors were done by the people in the link earlier and they were back by return of post so you may not need a spare set if you can cope with no car for a few days.

ultimatepug

whilst on the topic of injecters, where about sells the spray caps ans rubber washers? ive been told lucas may be able to sort them out?

adam

M3Evo

Interesting the bit about the spray patterns on that site.

I had mine out last weekend to see if something was amiss with one of them (had fuel coming out of one cylinder's inlet, and the sparkplug was wet when I took it out when all the rest weren't)

Rigged them all up to squirt into jam jars and they all looked like number 3 from that page. Kinda assumed this was alright, and as they all flowed pretty much the same amount, I was happy enough to put them back (having replaced the offending injector which was leaking quite a bit) but they were definately not like 5! :D

hengti

had my injectors cleaned last time I had a RR tune - car pulled noticeably better in the gears (torque) but felt flatter at the top end - guess it's down to how it's tuned in an individual application though

ALEX

A Smoother tickover but I didn't notice much difference in perfomance though, The result showed they werent that bad anyway.

1 FAT PUG

i can get them cleaned as my mates got aultrasonic bath thing

**** just rang him and he said he will do them for £35 a set ****

Edited by 1 FAT PUG

309PUG

Lucas electrical / diagnostic shops will ultrasonically clean, new filter baskets and seals for £10 ea incl vat

Ahl
Lucas electrical / diagnostic shops will ultrasonically clean, new filter baskets and seals for £10 ea incl vat

Do you get a printout of before and after details with that?

309PUG
Do you get a printout of before and after details with that?

For that price, no. But the guy in Sheffield was well helpfull and showed me round ASNU equipment they use.

Chris

smckeown
I'm getting tooled up for injector cleaning and refurbishment at the moment. The cleaning bit is in place but the spray pattern and flow testing part hasn't been made yet. By the time you've stopped faffing about and actually start building the engine I'll be ready :)

Nearly all injectors will come back to as new spec after cleaning so buying new ones isn't a sensible option.

Any update on this ? as i'm sending 8 injectors (4 x Vaux Cream's @ 214cc/min@2.5bar and 4 x GTI6 @ 240cc/min) off next week to be reconditioned ready for my 8v.

I want to have them both on the RR to see which ones are most suitable

Edited by smckeown

petert

I think it's important that you get before/after flow figures, in addition to ultra sonic cleaning, back flushing, new filter baskets, o-rings and caps. Otherwise, how do know that you've actaully achieved anything? You might have one (or more) cylinder running lean.

Rob_the_Sparky

That is what you get with the service I used...

futura

Hi Rob,

Can I use this service to get leaking injectors refurbished?

futura

Right I phoned up www.injectorcleaning.co.uk and they said that they usually get good results in fixing leaking injectors but they can't guarantee 100% that all leaking injectors won't leak after treatment.

Sign in to follow this