• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ant

2.0 Turbo Keypad

Ant

Well, i eventually got the dash off the 605 this weekend.. Ive totally removed the 605 keypad loom..

Below is what i found on the 15 pin connector to the keypad

1) 497 M132 - goes to engine bay loom

2) 78 32AD - goes to engine bay loom

3) 11 32D - goes to Fuse box

4) Not connected

5) 11 400E goes to orange wire 40E which goes into dash and 400D which goes to a resistor

6) 78 394F - goes to "Texton" box

7) 11 202D goes to "alarm box" and a wire to each door

8) 44AD - goes to diagnostics

9) - Not connected

10) Not connected

11) 46C - goes to 46A and ignition

12) 13? - goes to engine bay loom

13) 8C5 - goes to engine bay loom

14) 201D - goes to "alarm box" and a wire to each door

15) 78 1R - goes to fuse box

Thats the lot

Can anyone advise on what the "texton box" and the other box ( presume alarm ) are. Are they for the alarm, and do i need to use these to make the car run. Or do i just need to keep the ones that go to the engine bay. Also, what do i do with the ones that go to a fuse box..

I was hoping they would be the 800 numbers like Jacobs53 said there should be

Anyone ?

Cheers

maxi
Well, i eventually got the dash off the 605 this weekend.. Ive totally removed the 605 keypad loom..

Below is what i found on the 15 pin connector to the keypad

1) 497 M132 - goes to engine bay loom

2) 78 32AD - goes to engine bay loom

3) 11 32D - goes to Fuse box

4) Not connected

5) 11 400E goes to orange wire 40E which goes into dash and 400D which goes to a resistor

6) 78 394F - goes to "Texton" box

7) 11 202D goes to "alarm box" and a wire to each door

8) 44AD - goes to diagnostics

9) - Not connected

10) Not connected

11) 46C - goes to 46A and ignition

12) 13? - goes to engine bay loom

13) 8C5 - goes to engine bay loom

14) 201D - goes to "alarm box" and a wire to each door

15) 78 1R - goes to fuse box

Thats the lot

Can anyone advise on what the "texton box" and the other box ( presume alarm ) are. Are they for the alarm, and do i need to use these to make the car run. Or do i just need to keep the ones that go to the engine bay. Also, what do i do with the ones that go to a fuse box..

I was hoping they would be the 800 numbers like Jacobs53 said there should be

Anyone ?

Cheers

Heres the crack, you have the wiring going to the engine bay, the wiring going to the keypad, then a permanant live, a switched live and an earth. All the others that branshced off and went to the opther boxes you dont need. Last one I didd I took a chainsaw to the donor car dashboard and tested witch was switched live, positive and earth. The whole operation including fitting the engine loom to the 205 took just over a morning.

Maxi

peter

so the keypad has nothing to do with the ecu? and if so wont block the ecu if removed?as there is one in the scrapy near me but thought it would be pointless if the ecu is blocked?as i need an ecu

maxi
so the keypad has nothing to do with the ecu? and if so wont block the ecu if removed?as there is one in the scrapy near me but thought it would be pointless if the ecu is blocked?as i need an ecu

It has everything to do with the ECU. One end of the wires go to the ECU, the other to the keypad. The ones that branch off in between :- one is switched live, one positive and one earth. The rest can be junked. I test them when I take them out of the car but never right down the pin numbers so I cant tell you which is which.

Maxi

peter

so there is no way of removing the keypad? just that there is one in the scrappy and i need a new ecu.

DrSeuss

yes you can remove the keypad but it'll cost you.

Earth (green with yellow chaser)

Switched live CC**

Permanent Live BB**

I've used keypads from everything in my 205, including a diesel. The code is stored on the ecu and isn't easy to get rid of. You can re-code the ecu or have the immobiliser removed altogether. Re-coding costs 50 quid, removal of the keypad costs 150.

I think the keypad is just a beneficial extra safety feature.

peter
yes you can remove the keypad but it'll cost you.

Earth (green with yellow chaser)

Switched live CC**

Permanent Live BB**

I've used keypads from everything in my 205, including a diesel. The code is stored on the ecu and isn't easy to get rid of. You can re-code the ecu or have the immobiliser removed altogether. Re-coding costs 50 quid, removal of the keypad costs 150.

Sorry but thats wrong.I have decoded my ecu all being in a saxo but its easy so im assuming it will be exactly the same for a xm etc all you do is start the car and pull the keypad out =ECU decoded.

just thought i would put the post right for any further reference and thanks to doug (dg) off here that told me how to do it.

DrSeuss

Yeah, what a f@cking brilliant idea. Oh, i'm sorry, i'm forgetting i've actually tried it for myself, on my car. And guess what, i'm just ignoring this MIRACLE CURE because i'm being difficult.

No, i'm sorry, no miracle cure.

jacobs53

yeah gotta admit i tried pulling out the keypad when i had my 605 started. Just died a death, wouldn't restart until the keypad was connected backup again

maybe its only certina models?

lee

Sign in to follow this