• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James_R

1.9 Mi Spark Plugs

James_R

I've had a search and it seems that the BCP7ET's are recommend. I've been havign a dig about, and the std equim plugs that were supplied with the cars originally have a different tip design to the ngk or bosch equivolents, I've been told the eqiums are surface discharge plugs. Any, back to the point, is there a reason that the equim plugs aren't really used and people use the NGK plugs or bosch ones, is it just availablity as I'm also after a set for my Clio F7R engine, as the champion ones I have now are very different tip shape wise to the ones recoommend on the engine stamp from equim.

Any thoughts?

James

Ahl

Its just availability and price, thats all. I managed to get a load of them from my local dealer one time when they were having a clear out. 50p each.

NGK plugs are always said to work well though and they aren't expensive.

jim205GTI

Haven't done them yet on the mi but on the 8v i always used ngk plugs and will again when the mi is in and running

Sign in to follow this