• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Rom Dump Of Mi16 Ecu

Ryan

Does anyone have a binary dump of the ROM in the ML4.1 ECU (2-row)?

jackherer

I've got a dump of an Mi16 starchip somewhere on an old computer, but I think its for a 1.3 three row.

DrSeuss

i've got jackherer's rom as well. But can i ask why you want it?

jackherer
i've got jackherer's rom as well. But can i ask why you want it?

I was hoping someone would cos otherwise I'd have to trawl through old hard disks looking for it ;)

steendp

I'm just to lazy to get the eprom out of my own box. I stumbled over a link that described at which address the fueling was, so I would try to remap it, just for the fun of it.

When the season starts for real, I'll problaby use my MS to control ign+fuel, but that doesn't keep me from wanting to stick my nose into the Motronic-secrets.

Ryan

I was after the standard one if possible.

Was the site you read www.ludd.luth.se/~rotax/motronic/motronic.html ?

steendp

Yes, that was one of them. I have this bad habit of not bookmarking the links but instead relying on google. It has worked so far ;).

DrSeuss

Only problem with playing with standard ecu hex is the checksum. Most car 'chippers' send off the code to a german company to calculate the checksum. And finding the maps is the easy part, working out what the hell they do is difficult.

steendp

I didn't think that was an issue with an ECU of this age..

Ryan

As I understand it the mi16 ROM contains not only the fuel+ignition maps, but also the actual ECU program itself. Therefore it only a small job to disable the checksum (if there is one)

Sign in to follow this