• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Adam B

Ford Ka

Adam B

Now I know what you're gonna say its a ford, its a ka, but it doesn't half make a bad grinding noise periodically in 1st/2nd gear. Mostly when hill starting.

Whats your money on?

1. Gearbox

2. Engine mount

3. driveshaft (passenger side clicks a bit on full lock)

Bit gutted as we're trying to sell it and its only got 27k!!

Cheers

Adam ;)

Jonmurgie

Though didn't a garage looking at the car not find anything?! What about calling Ford and seeing if it's a common fault or a recall?

Adam B

Its true they didn't, but the dreaded long-haired Nick heard it and Lorna said it was terrible today. We need to sell it too and £60 on a different gearbox isn't the end of the world.

Good idea though will ring the money grabbing gits (£350 annual service anyone?) tomorrow.

888rmb

Don't know if it's the same fault as yours, but my mate's GF Ka made a groaning noise from the g/box, turned out to be the clutch release bearing. The bearing failed in the end and they needed a new g/box, clutch, etc, was quite dear!

Would recommend getting it looked at based on my mate's experience.

Adam B

ooo hadn't thought about that... yeah could well be - it only makes the noise when the clutch is engaged... Will investigate further - thats got to be cheaper than a gearbox!

Does sound like a slightly flattened bearing - used to it from my astra lol

Sign in to follow this