• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DaveK

Gti-6 Conversion Guide?

DaveK

ive been looking on the main 205gtidrivers website and there is an excellent Mi16 conversion guide there (good on ya C_W) but after abit of thought im going to do a gti-6 conversion in afew months hopefully.

i realise that the conversions are pretty similar but if anyone was able to give a brief outline of what would be required that would be fantastic

even if someone could point out the main difficulties they had and any tips for making the conversion go smoother would be most excellent!

ive looked about on searches and there is a good amount of info about the gti-6, just thought it would be nice to have it all in one place and get peoples experiences

cheers chaps/lassies

Dave

Alastairh

Do a quick search mate, you may find a few threads.

Im sure Maxi may help you out on this one, hes done one on his cti.

Alastair

ashley peddle

dixon is currently doing it to his 205 aswell

maxi

Quick guide for you:

Remove existing 8v engine and old management & sensor loom.

Strip sensor loom from management and recover with cowling, re routing through the bulkhead and neatly out of the way in the bay.

Make sure engine is fully "dressed" and if running an early BE3/1 box the combination has an mi clutch and bearing to suit. I highly recommend a ROCK SOLID rear ount is fitted at this stage as the manifold comes ridiculously close and WILL make contact if its old and soft. Also make sure the management loom is fully plugged on the lump with ECU harness etc draped over the lump.

Lower the engine into position, shorten downpipe to mate to new manifold and make sure there is a boss in it to screw the lambda in.

Install all driveshafts, gear linkages and other prepherals. Plug up sensor loom with correct connectors crimped onto the ends (I stripped the GTi6 sensors out of the management loom before I started). Install the 306 plastic battery box and ECU holder, install ECU, bolt on double relay and give the large round multiplug its -Live -Switched live -take fuel pump -rev counter wire from ECU

Make up the coolant pipes to suit (T piece is required round the back)

Reinstall rad, mod slam panel to clear inlet manifold, check levels, then......

LET THE f***ER HAVE SOME ABUSE!

Maxi

DaveK

nice one maxi, cheers for the info!!

jochem

Dont forget to get an electrical signal from your speed sensor for the ECU.

Spiky
Dont forget to get an electrical signal from your speed sensor for the ECU.

sorry to drag this back up,

but can you explain this please????

pj838

I think jochem means the crank sensor (from the gti6 loom) that goes into the 6 gearbox. It was discussed (or still being discussed cos I don't fully understand it still :o ) the thread is called "GTI6 Sensor Identification".

Spiky
I think jochem means the crank sensor (from the gti6 loom) that goes into the 6 gearbox. It was discussed (or still being discussed cos I don't fully understand it still :o ) the thread is called "GTI6 Sensor Identification".

ah, ok, cheers i'll go take a look

Sign in to follow this