• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob_the_Sparky

Where Should The Fan Relays Be On A 309?

Rob_the_Sparky

Ideally a photo of a 309 engine bay would be nice so I can check nothing else is botched (like the support on the bottom of the inlet manifold that has been left undone and hanging in the breeze!)

Mine is on a rather long bracket that looks original but it bent all sorts of shapes and shoved behind the washer bottle...

Rob

Anthony

Relays? As far as I know the 309 GTi uses the same fan system as the 205 GTi (ie full current going through the fan thermoswitch and through a resistor for the slow speed) and it's only the 205 and 309 diesels that use the relays.

309 diesel relays are attached to the passenger side chassis leg in front of the gearbox, and on 205's are attached to the slam panel near the positive distribution board.

Miles

Yep the 309 doesn't use any, Just the main power feed from the fuse box in the engine bay,

Nothing wrong with leaving that bar off thou, It saves loads of time

Rob_the_Sparky

Sorry, yeah you are right, it is the little fuse box thingy! Clearly wasn't thinking straight when I posted that!!!!

Rob

Sign in to follow this