• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maxi

Master Cylinder Upgrade?

taylorspug

The rod in the servo which actuates the master cylinder (which is attached to the pedal obviously) is an adjustable length. The rod on mine turned out to be slightly too long so it wasnt letting the master cylinder fully return after the brakes were applied.

For some reason this manifested itself by making only the rear brakes lock on slightly. Not sure if it was a heat/expansion issue that was causing it, but they were fine when cold. If they did start to drag, letting them cool for 5 or 10 minutes would sort it. Shortening the rod by 3 or 4mm sorted the problem completely. :wacko:

Miles

The other bonus on the 406 M/C is that the reservoir is held on with a metal rod to stop it flying off in a crash or if your racing saves using a old cable tie to strap it down

alex205mi16

i used the 4 oulet non abs 406 MC with 205 resevoir with the front calipers and discs off a 306 HDI.

Worked perfect, gave the car a nice modern pedal feel, but wasnt too sharp at all.

The 406Mc can cause some clearance problems with the cam cover on an mi16...

Foltan
the one for a 405 T16 (non uk turbo flying machine :))

glad im not the only one that found this hilarious when i was on the site! :angry:

Sign in to follow this