• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ant

2.0 Turbo... Alternator Bracket ?

Ant

Hi all,

Just a quicky for the 2.0 turbo folks.

On the mount, how have folks tentioned the alternator belt. The standard belt runs around the PAS and air con on the 605.. Lose these pumps and the standard tentioner wont work. I know Fuqa mentions a "custom" bracket in a previous post. Anyone got any pics ?

Also, can i cut away the parts of the mount not needed, ie the PAS brackets that stick out. Will this weaken the mount ?

Cheers

Ant

Fuqa
Hi all,

Just a quicky for the 2.0 turbo folks.

On the mount, how have folks tentioned the alternator belt. The standard belt runs around the PAS and air con on the 605.. Lose these pumps and the standard tentioner wont work. I know Fuqa mentions a "custom" bracket in a previous post. Anyone got any pics ?

Also, can i cut away the parts of the mount not needed, ie the PAS brackets that stick out. Will this weaken the mount ?

Cheers

Ant

i have mounted my alternater on the lowest part of the bracket. there is a mount point near the sump which i took a grinder to. this allows the bottom ofthe alternator to slide in and gives enough room to slide a plate of metal in and use as a tensioner

sorry no pics tho

rich

on second thoughts, i think i removed a bit of material from the alternator too. then you have to go find an alternator belt thats a pretty tight fit before tensioning as you havent got much space

Edited by Fuqa

sonofsam

Think i did mine slightly different,got rid of existing top bracket altogether and bent a L shaped bit of mild steel to fit'ish,and for the bottom mount im sure i used a 205 one wich bolted on in the right place,but only has one bolt holding it to the block, but will need more fettling to get it right on there with two bolts.

Managed to get away with a 205 belt too.

Sorry the picture doesnt really show enough detail

DVC00856.jpg

Ant

Cheers lads..

ill have a play this weekend. :wacko:

Got a top engine mount off a 2.0 16v citroen engine ( no idea from what car as the engine was "off the shelf" at a breakers yard. Looks about right though :)

sonofsam, what intercooler is that ? U got any pics of your actual pug. From seeing ur previous posts, it should like it will be similar to mine.. Mines white and decaled up with t16 graphics :)

sonofsam
Cheers lads..

ill have a play this weekend. :wacko:

Got a top engine mount off a 2.0 16v citroen engine ( no idea from what car as the engine was "off the shelf" at a breakers yard. Looks about right though :)

sonofsam, what intercooler is that ? U got any pics of your actual pug. From seeing ur previous posts, it should like it will be similar to mine.. Mines white and decaled up with t16 graphics :)

Think the IC came from a Fiesta RS,im not using it anymore , my 205 looks like this at the moment albeit the arches,will end up looking like this one with some different rims in white ...No doubt i'll have a few decals on there though :D

How is your conversion coming along?Thought you had a 306 xsi top mount sorted.Can you put a picture up of the 16v citroen mount,Ta

Sam.

Ant

Ill take a picture tomorrow night and post it up.. I thought i had a 306 one sorted.. I rang a mate who owns a scrappy when i brought the car and asked about an intercooler and mount. He said he could "sort me out" with them. Turns out it was a cit engine. No idea what out of though.. Didnt really pay much attention. I just know it looks the same as the pug ones.

Ill get you a piccy and post up soon.

Conversion is coming on okay.. Engine is out of my 205 now. Im just waiting on good weather as i want to respray my engine bay before i drop the engine in. Its a white car, so showing up the rust :) . Hopefully get that done this weekend.

As for the engine.. Put Mi16 flywheel and clutch on this weekend, and just need to fit the box, sort the alternator and change the cambelt.

Ill get the engine in hopefully a week on saturday then look at the wiring.. oohh now that looks a lot harder than an mi16 wireup .. :wacko:

Sign in to follow this