• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Mi16 Conversion

JamieTonks

i think thats a good price. Drive in drive out fully re built mi running about 175bhp. does it come with warranty?

veloce200
i think thats a good price. Drive in drive out fully re built mi running about 175bhp. does it come with warranty?

certainly nothing wrong with the engine rebuild price. MattSav is doing a rebuild for one of my customers and the prices soon add up - Vaux 1.6 8v (going in a mini!) parts alone are £450 just for block and it doesn't have liners. To get an MI built properly with new parts all assembled for under £1500 by an engine builder means cutting a lot of corners.

Turbo route sounds like fun but if you are planning on doing any sort of motorsport you'll move up a class - usually to over 2litres which means you have to compete against quick cars (eg a 911 GT3 RS).

Edited by veloce200

huckleberry
No 5th injector controller

Dave

I could supply the 5th injector controller as I'm probably not going to use mine. If you'd want to go TT route. I don't have the boost retard unit but want to go programmable anyway.

Tim

driversdomainuk

Yeah I know I will be up against Porsche GT3s - that aint the problem, its a 720bhp Audi Quatro S1 I am more concerned about..

I think turbos just sound amazing and obvouisly th power gain is good

However, before I do this I must get a bottom end rebuild - as it is breathing lots and lots

Out of Interest, exactly why does it breath so much if the bottom end is going..? is it air getting past the rings and working its way down to bottom end ...?

les3002

thats it exactly mate, blow by.

TT205

Before you get carried away or get your wallet out

Bear in mind that standard hillclimb/sprint reg's mean that you can't run an Mi16 in Road modified as the 205 was NEVER fitted with one as standard, you would be put in full Mod Prod's and you'll have to spend a whole lot more than 4K to be competitive!

In Road Modified you can run a turbo conversion but it will push you into Class 3 - the over 2.0l class and you'll be up against Evo's and you WILL lose!

The 205 is most competitive in Road Modified Class 2 - 1400-2000 with a n/a 1.9 engine or in Class 1 - 1400 (preferably) with a Euro-Rallye TU24 engine

Dave

TEKNOPUG

Might be an idea to switch to a 309 - you could run it as a 309 GTi16 then :wacko:

Dom9

Can't you run in the lower classes with an Mi16 head on an 8v block? I thought that's why some of the hillclimb boys kept the 8v block???

TT205

As far as I know - no you can't, but I don't have a 'blue book' to hand so can't say for sure

boombang

I think in mod prod you can run a different head but must retain original block - I DO have the blue book in front of me but fraid going to be too busy boning in about 5 mins to look it up!

Big D

I would want about £650 for it all mate

Forgot to add it would also come with the tt sump

No im not a company I broke an original tt 205 not long ago and the engine is just sitting in my garage needing a new head as old one is cracked :wacko: Could also supply a good second hand head.

Dave

TT205

Mod Prod isn't the lower classes though and you can run the full M16 engine

Dom9

That's my point... In Mod Prod you can run an Mi16 engine, but some guys have HAD to use the 8v block to get by the regulations to stay in certain classes... So I assume you can do this to stay in a 'lower' class?

Daxed
but fraid going to be too busy boning in about 5 mins to look it up!

Top man, happy valentines day

KRISKARRERA
I think in mod prod you can run a different head but must retain original block - I DO have the blue book in front of me but fraid going to be too busy boning in about 5 mins to look it up!
I take it Clare doesn't browse this forum then!! :lol:

driversdomainuk

The class I am in is so restrictive - I am in road going, and you cannot have the rear seats etc removed......err I have the total inside stripped out but still managed to stay in this class!

Better get in the correct class this year (mod prod...gulp!)

Edited by driversdomainuk

TT205

So a 280BHP dry sumped Mi16 it is then!

matt205xs

if you think the rebuild price is expesive from des try skip browns there very heavy on the bills there, i bought a car off neal at des and he had a couple of 205's doing conversions there at the time, i must say the install is very neat and also high attention to detail.

as to the hill climbing...

i no that the road rallying rules are changing next yr so that you can run 16v standard engines in your car not sure if it will beapplying to hill climbing too

Butler

ITs a fair price for what you get, but I don't think thats the best way to spend your money.

I guy on here somewhere is selling a TT engine running emerald for about 2k.

If I had 3K to spend I'd stick with the current engine, chuck in a man cam and get an ECU, maybe boddies too. Spend the rest on suspension or a diff.

£1500 on the engine is not worth it, when a recon'd Mi for about £500 would be 99% as good. Also spending a fortune on a good Mi16 without looking at oil surge issues, could be a costly oversight.

White Pugs
i no that the road rallying rules are changing next yr so that you can run 16v standard engines in your car not sure if it will beapplying to hill climbing too

It won't

J

Sign in to follow this