• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nathanlgd

Which 266mm Brakes And Hubs To 1.9 Shafts?

Guest Nathanlgd

I'm currently running 1.6 GTi drive shafts and hubs on my 205 Mi16 but the drivers side shaft is on its way out - so, I've tracked down some 1.9 shafts (both sides) as replacements, I know these wont fit to the 1.6 hubs so I was intending on getting some new hubs and brakes to fit along side the new shafts. To make things easier I was going to take the whole hub inlcuding calipers and discs etc off something and then just fit the whole lot to the 1.9 shafts. I've tried the bigger GTi-6 brakes before and although they stopped well the brake peddle felt a little wierd. So this time I'm gunna try the 266mm brakes as found on the 206 GTI amoungst others.

What I need to know is will the hubs from a 206 gti fit directly to the 1.9 drive shafts?

Or, is the only way of doing this is to use 1.9 shafts and hubs and then fit the 266mm brake set up to those?

Cheers

mi16nut
Or, is the only way of doing this is to use 1.9 shafts and hubs and then fit the 266mm brake set up to those?

As far as I know, yes. You can also use base model hubs if that's easier. You might still need a new brake master cylinder (to firm up the pedal) with the 266mm disc calipers. It's the size of the pistons that will determine this, not the size of the disc.

Mark.

Edited by mi16nut

pug_ham

I'm fairly sure you can use the 266mm brake set up from the phase 2 306 XSi & D turbo hdi as well as the 206 GTi & this fits straight onto the 1.9 Hubs without changing anything.

I certainly hope it does as I'm fitting this to my car soon but with 309 driveshafts & wishbones.

Graham.

Guest Nathanlgd

Ok, cheers lads - so no one knows if I can also take the hubs from the suggested cars and fit those along with the brakes?

If not, I'll have to track down some 1.9 hubs as well.

Cheers

mi16nut
so no one knows if I can also take the hubs from the suggested cars and fit those along with the brakes?

As far as I know, the 306 won't fit as the balljoint pinch bolt is bigger.

205 base model & 1.9 Gti, STDT, 309 Gti & Diesels should be OK. Someone on here will have a spare set. I have some, but am keeping them just in case, sorry.

Guest Nathanlgd

I've sourced some 1.9 shafts, some 1.9 hubs and a set of 266mm brakes - but! apparently, there are 2 different types of 266mm brakes from the phase 2 306's, both of which are different. Does anyone know which set I need? need to know ASAP so I can get them ordered.

Cheers

pug_ham

I think the only difference is the make of the calipers (Lucas or Girling), the discs are the same for either make.

Pretty sure mine are Girling.

Graham.

Guest Nathanlgd

Cheers - I did a search and noticed that someone had already fitted a set of "Lucas" 266mm brakes to their 205 so I told my friend whos sorting the brakes out to go for the Lucas ones. Once a get hold of all the parts and get them fitted I'll post the details in a seperate thread for future refrence as not so many people seem to know much about what should be a very popular mod.

Edited by Nathanlgd

Sign in to follow this