• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
EnglishRob

Connectors For Indicators Etc

EnglishRob

Does anyone know if it is possible to get hold of replacement connectors (new connectors, not second hand ones from a scrappy) for things like indicators/lights etc?

I've got an annoying problem with my front near side indicator where it sometimes looses the connection. It's happening more oftern now, probably doesn't help that the connector is corroded.

Before I get the soldering iron out and butcher the wires, I was just wondering if it is possible to replace these connectors?

Rob

Redtop

Just cut the connector off and crimp on new spade connecters. The ones from the scrappy could just be as bad. I had to do this with my lights. Working fine now. Also put a smear of vasiline on the terminal and this will help protect it from future corrosion. You could get new ones from pug garage but this method is just as good.

Paintguy

You can get better quality replacements, from the likes of Simtek.

If you check the Group Buy, Bargains and Discount sub-forum, you'll see the above give us a discount :blush:

DrSeuss

you can get the crimps for standard plugs from vehicle wiring products. Uninsulated spade terminals is what you want. Spade terminals are a bit of a bodge and i'm going to try and remove them from my wiring.

pugrallye

if you can pull out interior part of a scrapped car, the terminals are more than likely still in perfect nick, and can salvage the terminals with a bit of patience

EnglishRob

Great, thanks for the info.

I'll probably go for the crimped connectors for the time being as a temporay fix and then go for something like the Simtek connectors when I've got a bit more spare time/money and finally get shot of that brown connector!

Rob

Sign in to follow this