• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrainFluid

Okay, Where Is The Bugger?

Guest BrainFluid

Front lamp Relay on the;

205XT (front fog lamps)

& the

205TD (driving lamps)

? :(

jackherer

on a GTI the driving lights relay is on the blukhead near to the coolant expansion tank, might be different on non-GTIs though

Guest BrainFluid

Right, I have opened that box up. In there, there is one Brown relay.

Is that the same as on your gti's?

Thanks jack!

jackherer

on older GTIs the relays are green and not in a box, just directly screwed to the bulkhead, but IIRC later GTIs do have a plastic box for them.

Guest BrainFluid

Well the 205 TD certainly has the box next to the water exp tank. Its a Brown relay. Think this must be it, 1991 model so not 'that' old !

Yet to check wether the 1992 205 XT has this brown relay or not, i'll update later.

:ph34r:

Enfield

I can't check my car as I sold it the other day...

But there were 3 relays in the box near the expansion tank.

Edited by Enfield

Guest BrainFluid

Both the XT and the TD has this box.

Both have one brown relay in each.

Thanks for your help, looks like these must be them then.

Just to claify matters, Does any one know if the rear fog lamps on this car uses the same OR a different realy. I'ld go out side and pull them out and see but its pissing down in Glasgow :ph34r: !

If it a different relay wheres that bugger!?

(ive tested the wiring as much as i can, all the earths are fine but there is a break somwhere with both cars front lights and one cars rear fog lamps. So I'm hoping that it is just the relays) & (the fuses are okay btw).

Guest BrainFluid
I can't check my car as I sold it the other day...

Sorry to hear that Enfield :) You saving up for a heavily modded gti mi6 or something :ph34r: ?

Enfield
Sorry to hear that Enfield :( You saving up for a heavily modded gti mi6 or something :ph34r: ?

I'm glad it's gone! The damn thing has been sat on my driveway for over 2 months! A transit van smashed into the back of me on 2nd December last year. They estimated 2 grand to repair it lol, still, I sold it for £50 :)

Going to get an XS hopefully, but have just found a fairly nice rallye.

Guest BrainFluid

Sorry to hear that!

I will have a mint XT for sale in the future (XT has the Double barreled Carb on it like the XS and The GT, but standard cam).

I wont preach her gloriousness as of yet but I just need to find some standard decent wheels for her and she will be ready.

All that I will say is that since the Carb was Refurbished she goes like s*it off a shovel!

Cheers dude!

Sign in to follow this