• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
r.u.sure

Koni Sports

r.u.sure

One of my front Koni Sport top adjustable (yellow) shocks has some oil around where the adjuster sits, as the other one doesn't am I right in thinking that this one is leaking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Anthony

Sounds like it - try wiping the oil away and see if it reappears. If it does, then it sounds like the shock is on it's way out and needs replacing/rebuilding...

r.u.sure

Thanks Anthony will try that tomorrow.

Will be a bit dissapointed if it is shot as their only 4 months old, still under warranty though which is a bonus.

Thanks again

:(

maxi
One of my front Koni Sport top adjustable (yellow) shocks has some oil around where the adjuster sits, as the other one doesn't am I right in thinking that this one is leaking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

They are notorious for it. Always weep around the damping adjuster on the top. One of mine has done it since the day I put them on, I wouldnt worry about it too much. Mine have been on there 3yrs now and it still feels perfect.

Maxi

r.u.sure

Thanks for trying to reassure me there Maxi.

But yesterday I also noticed the damping adjuster was also loose, it moves up and down. :wacko:

Me and a mate thought this definately didn't look right.

It's on the way back to Koni for checking.

Better safe than sorry.

Thanks

Sign in to follow this