• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrblonde

Thermo Contact Switch

mrblonde

hi

anyone know about the thermo contact switch??..i read you can get one that makes the engine run cooler??.

205Rog
hi

anyone know about the thermo contact switch??..i read you can get one that makes the engine run cooler??.

Yes your right, its an early version fitted pre 89 I think sure someone will correct me! its still available though about £25 from my local pug dealer. It has three seperate pins as opposed to the in line temp switch.

In fact I thinking about it I think its fitted as standard to 1.6's.

So yes you can.

However your engine's overheating you need to consider why? do the fans run?

using coolant at all?

Anthony

Not really.

The radiator fan thermoswitch only controls when the radiator fans come on - a lower temperature switch would mean the fans would come on earlier when sat in traffic, but it would have no effect on engine temperature when the car is moving.

If the car is running hot all the time, then radiator and thermostat are the things to look at.

mrblonde

nah theres no probs with my pug,just wanted to know.thanks

Sign in to follow this