• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Greenys_meanies

Engine Choices

Greenys_meanies

In an ideal world i'd have a TU24 in my stock car, but it's not.

I need an engine for my 1300cc 205 stock car, i have a 309 G1A at the mo, but is there any other options? It has to be able to run on a standard carb, 309 one i believe, can i sort another engine to make a 1300cc max? i know i could use a TU2J2, but they aren't that freely availiable either.

Also would there be any advantage not to use the G1A engine bearing in mind i have to use a standard carb?

christopher
In an ideal world i'd have a TU24 in my stock car, but it's not.

I need an engine for my 1300cc 205 stock car, i have a 309 G1A at the mo, but is there any other options? It has to be able to run on a standard carb, 309 one i believe, can i sort another engine to make a 1300cc max? i know i could use a TU2J2, but they aren't that freely availiable either.

Also would there be any advantage not to use the G1A engine bearing in mind i have to use a standard carb?

Whats your budget fella...

Greenys_meanies
Whats your budget fella...

A scrap yard or second hand that can be rebuilt, i afraid.

Is the G1A a bad engine?

Sandy

It's pretty crap in standard form and pushrod, but those factors are also true of the BL A-series and Ford Crossflow!

Greenys_meanies
It's pretty crap in standard form and pushrod, but those factors are also true of the BL A-series and Ford Crossflow!

Crap yes agree but the rules state the engine has to be stock, no inj, turbos etc. so i'm pretty limited. even if i did go for one of the TU engines i still have to use the 309 standard single carb, and i'm just wondering do i stick with the 309 1.3 or am i going to gain anything by using a TU?

The crossflow is an awesome engine for it's time!

Mattsav

Best choice would the the Tu2j2 from a 106 Rallye.

They rev well and put out 100bhp as std but your carb may limit that a bit.

They should be easy enough to find as so many are being replaced with 16v's

stu_woac

whats it state on the carb front on the rules as the 1.3 rallye bottom end with a xs head cam and carb would work well and rev very well and could be class as unmodded as all the engine is oem just half and half

LOL

Sandy

The TU2J2 head won't take a single carb manifold unfortunately, but i don't see why you can't use a TU3S if single carb is stipulated (it's a single twin choke) or if it has to be single choke, TU3A which has a single solex.

stu_woac

but he needs a 1.3 so the whole engine is no good

Greenys_meanies

thanks guys for your help, it's appreciated.

I'll get back to you on the carb front, twin choke is a good idea, but i know the engine has to be standard peugeot origin (max 1300cc) so a mismatch of different engines may not be good, but no-one will know if i don't tell them........ha ha........is there anyway to replecate a TU24, cos i understand they are awesome,

Thanks again, Daz

Sign in to follow this