• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edd-XS

Custom Cold Air Feed!

Edd-XS

Thanks to a certain forum member ive now got a nice big cold air feed to replace one of my morettes with! 145mm outer diameter and a 76mm inner diameter should mean lots of lovely cold air getting to my Mi. Nice :(

coldairfeed2.jpg

Cheers dude! Will post more pics of when its done and fitted. Front end should look 'ard as nails!

Edd

tom_m

that, edd,is going to look the bollocks! :( nice one bruv, i said nice one bruvver!

Ahl

Kwality! Hardkore! :(

I can't wait to see the pics of it in place, it'll be badass.

sonofsam

Its going to look mmmm special,is it getting painted?

Hard as rock..Hell yeh

looking at it agian the finshing could be loads better,will take it back in again tommorrow and sprinkle some more magic bulls*t dust on it.

sorry you cany have it yet :(

you want bling finish or dull

Edd-XS

lol i dunno mate, looks good as it is, but then again might be quite cool to have the sun sparkling off of it dazzling every muthaf***er within a mile radius of it! only thing i wanna know is will it need treating or something to stop it oxidising at all?

wanna keep it looking fr-fr-fresh!

Edd

sonofsam
lol i dunno mate, looks good as it is, but then again might be quite cool to have the sun sparkling off of it dazzling every muthaf***er within a mile radius of it! only thing i wanna know is will it need treating or something to stop it oxidising at all?

wanna keep it looking fr-fr-fresh!

Edd

Fresh as Freddy my friend ..Thanks ,but from that picture you cant see all the pitmarks and span lines,i would hope to feel that you would gain better flow from removing any imperfections.

Treated wise you could have it aluchromed(again no expert) That would give reflective powers!!,gauranteed though aluminium if left untouched will get dirty quickly,when you receice the feed it will be covered in a waxy parafin residue..nice !!!,put it in some saopy hot water to remove it ;)

Brushed effect is gained by scrubbing it with whats looks like a Brillo pad,bit is marroun in colour,we call it Scotchbright,that will give you dull if mixed again with Parafin !! or similar

Im glad i could be of service dude,have fun fitting it :(

Sam.

d-9

What about when its raining lots?

Edd-XS

Its not a 'direct to filter' cold air feed, just something to channel the air flow towards the filter abit better.

Dont worry i dont hope to achieve an 'extra 5 BHP' from this, just making the most of whats available to me really!

So to answer your question, i doubt any water will actually get to the filter itself, if it does then, well ill cross that bridge when i come to it! :P

Edd

Edd-XS

got the duct today and it couldnt be more of a perfect fit! it looks awesome and ill post some pics up later on.

cheers dude!

Edd

Sign in to follow this