• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
notamondayfan

Body Kit Adhesive

notamondayfan

hey guys,

been working on the dimma, took the sills and rear quarter panels of the kit to asses the rust damage.

it was bad, to say the least! anyway, were in the process of replacing the metal sills, and parts of the rear quarter panel, but we dont know what is used to stick in back onto the metal.

it looks like it was stuck on with body filler, but i imagine this wouldnt flex enough.

a friend of mine sugested "silkaflex".

what do u guys sugest?

tom_m

paintguy will know, he da guru :lol:

j_turnell

Im guessing some good panel adhesive like tiger seal, or something along those lines..

pugrallye

sikkaflex is one of the best things around, can be hard to get hold of though

Paintguy

As mentioned, Sikaflex or Tigerseal are brand names to look out for, and both are favourites of mine, but any PU (polyurethane) adhesive sealant should be up for the job.

For an online supplier of Tigerseal, look here

notamondayfan

cheers guys, jus what i needed.

cant wait 2 get it all back together!

Ant

Tiger seal is great... . :P Until you need to remove something thats glued with it :P LOL

notamondayfan

well i hope ill neva have 2 remove it eva again! getting the parts off this time was a big enough hassle, especially the rear quarter panel cover!

Sign in to follow this