• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allanallen

Big End Bearing

allanallen

obviously this isnt a post to tell you my big end bearings are in top condition...

so you guessed it one (or more) has gone

does anyone know how much a full set will cost from peugeot/citroen for vtr ones and the part number

and do i need a special tool for the job ie removing or refitting?

oh and the price of a new crank for vtr bottom end (which i hopefully dont need(really hopefully))

j_turnell

If the bearings are excessively worn you may want to get the crank checked.

stu_woac

you may find it cheap to get a bottom end I picked one up for £50 in very good con

M3Evo

Would think they're in the region of about £50 a set.

That's how much the Mi16 ones were, and a set for my engine was about £65 odd which had 7 of the things! ;)

Do get yer crank checked (by a machine shop if necessary) and ask them to supply bearings to suit.

Banjo

If the big ends are that bad then i'd suggest you take a look at the main bearings aswell, but new bearings are about £25-30 for each set. No special tools required except a torque wrench which isn't much.

Ben

Edited by Banjo

allanallen
you may find it cheap to get a bottom end I picked one up for £50 in very good con

i thought about that but if i get another chances are it will go in that again.

i wondered, because the engine came out of a car that had been roled because it was on it roof the bottom end would have been starved of oil for a short while, causing slight damage to the shells in the first place, which has gradually got worse till it is now knocking...

am i right???

or stupid

d-9

Doubt it, the engine woudnt have been running long after it started rolling and there would be enough oil in the bearings to run them for a bit.

Sign in to follow this